Chapala.com Webboard

CFE grace period

Beebee

Does anyone know how much time one has to pay the CFE bill, after the due date?  Just got it today from the gardener and it was due on December 20 and it says corte a partir 21 Dic but I still have electricity on 29 DIC.  Trying to figure out if I should head to Chapala immediately.  Anyone know if their machine takes U.S. credit/debit cards?

And if you don't get your bill at the normal time, you know, about 2 months after the last one, you can go on line and check to see if you have been issued one or not and see how much you owe and when it is due.  The email address is app.cfe.gob.mx  . I don't remember what I did more than 10 years ago to get my password and set things up.  I am sure it is not that complicated especially if you  understand a little Spanish.

Glad you were finally able to pay, and that your meter was not disconnected.

We used the most simple system available:  Your CFE bill is always due on the same calendar day, so just mark those dates on your calendar.  Then, go online and pay, or go to the CFE machine and pay. Done!

26 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

We used the most simple system available:  Your CFE bill is always due on the same calendar day, so just mark those dates on your calendar.  Then, go online and pay, or go to the CFE machine and pay. Done!

Yes it works. I place the reminder on my phone, pay online. 

3 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

My CFE bills are not always due on the same calendar day.

A bit unrelated - BUT.  I accidentally changed my on-line bill to go paperless and now I don't know how to un-do it and receive a paper bill.  Can anyone tell me how to reverse it back to a paper bill?  Before anyone asks why I need a paper bill, in order to verify that the bill has been in my name x number of years when I go to sell.

3 hours ago, JKL said:

A bit unrelated - BUT.  I accidentally changed my on-line bill to go paperless and now I don't know how to un-do it and receive a paper bill.  Can anyone tell me how to reverse it back to a paper bill?  Before anyone asks why I need a paper bill, in order to verify that the bill has been in my name x number of years when I go to sell.

Simply print the pdf... Online means you actually get the bill. The paper version is touch and go! 

To change from 'paperless' back to normal billing:  Go into your bank's Bill Pay section and select Advanced Management, or some similar choice.  It will give you an option to remove the paperless billing feature, which will trigger the biller to send you a normal paper bill.   I just had to do that with several accounts after our move from AZ to TX.  It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but it does work easily, once found.

JKL,

I have used the printed CFE bill that I print off the website. Used them for driver's license renewal, amendments to our deed by the ontario, and a couple other things that demand a elect or Telmex bill showing the address. Haven't  gotten a physical bill as dropped thru our mailbox in YEARS.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:51 AM, JKL said:

Last two houses we closed on here demanded original utility bills, not a printed version.

So you mean the bills they throw in your driveway (even though you have a mailbox) on windy days never to be seen again are the only thing acceptable (not the official pdf copy of it on CFE's website) and can keep you from closing on your house?

This is the most backward thinking I believe I have ever heard other than needing 10 copies of a utility bill in somebody else's name to prove your address.

18 minutes ago, Aquaponicsman said:

So you mean the bills they throw in your driveway (even though you have a mailbox) on windy days never to be seen again are the only thing acceptable (not the official pdf copy of it on CFE's website) and can keep you from closing on your house?

This is the most backward thinking I believe I have ever heard other than needing 10 copies of a utility bill in somebody else's name to prove your address.

In Mexico there are many printing companies willing to forge anything you pay for. Therefore copies are not accepted almost anyplace and has been that way since photocopying started to be popular. It is not backwards but forward thinking.

Requirements: "Original and a copy" is normal in all offices I do business with for almost 40 years in Mexico.

Archived