Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

El Jardin D'Shanti


Mainecoons
 Share

Recommended Posts

Haven't been (just opened this weekend, per FB).  It's on RIo Zula.  

It's another re-incarnation of Giovanni!!  You gotta give the guy credit for staying in the game. 

Here's link to website including menu, etc. https://www.dshanti.com/?fbclid=IwAR1inkV6oYk9wUgg295uoPL09vP_nXVgKVaVsce7Lx41qzrdwA_l6tdG00A

Also his FB page  https://www.facebook.com/eljardindshanti/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Haven't been (just opened this weekend, per FB).  It's on RIo Zula.  

It's another re-incarnation of Giovanni!!  You gotta give the guy credit for staying in the game. 

Here's link to website including menu, etc. https://www.dshanti.com/?fbclid=IwAR1inkV6oYk9wUgg295uoPL09vP_nXVgKVaVsce7Lx41qzrdwA_l6tdG00A

Also his FB page  https://www.facebook.com/eljardindshanti/

Odd.  The web page lists the address as Rio Zula, San Antonio Tlayacapan Ajijic. 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Odd.  The web page lists the address as Rio Zula, San Antonio Tlayacapan Ajijic. 😕

I just looked at the "web page" and all I could see was COMING SOON/PROXIMAMENTE.  Then I looked at the FB page and noticed their big ads for Christmas dinner, complete with live music--followed by the cancellation of their Christmas dinner.  Not a good sign, IMHO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Website: if the Proxima stuff comes up, just fiddle with right side bar until the correct page comes up.  Look for drop down  menu icon at upper right. Here is link to menu itself.

https://www.dshanti.com/samplemenu?fbclid=IwAR1inkV6oYk9wUgg295uoPL09vP_nXVgKVaVsce7Lx41qzrdwA_l6tdG00A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old Tabarka location beside La Jolla. Great photos, and I'm willing to wager that not a single food item depicted was cooked, created, or photo'd at the restaurant. It's all stock photos except for the decidedly unprofessional photo of Giovanni himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2018 at 11:57 AM, suegarn said:

I've had no problem accessing the website.   https://www.dshanti.com/

The first thing I see on that page is a beautiful loaf of bread.  Then the page fades to darkness and I ONLY see a black screen with the words "COMING SOON/PROXIMAMENTE"  No menu, no drop-down menu, nothing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, More Liana said:

The first thing I see on that page is a beautiful loaf of bread.  Then the page fades to darkness and I ONLY see a black screen with the words "COMING SOON/PROXIMAMENTE"  No menu, no drop-down menu, nothing.

As soon as you see the bread, look to Upper RIght and see the symbol for drop down menu (three horiz lines), click on pronto!!  OR, wait out the Coming Soon .... eventually it fades and you see opening page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, as you scroll down, you will see additional photos. This is an example of the "new concept" Website that may look pretty but is absolutely useless as a tool.

The last time I saw Giovanni with a loaf of bread that pretty was... oh, yeah. Never.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Well, I have to share my experience in this place, Becky, my sister,  visited the restaurant last week and she told me that she loved the place and food. I went with some friends this Sunday and it really was a good experience, I loved the place, the food, everything.

It is a nice place to go with friends and have a glass of wine, enjoy an afternoon... The owner told us the beautiful story of the restaurant... he did it in honor of his granddaughter, a 3-year-old baby named Shanti who died in 2017, that's why he did the shanti garden. A divine atmosphere and energy.

I guess the Website is not 100% finished but I´ve had no problem with the menu https://www.dshanti.com/menu

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The menu looks great, looking forward to checking this out.  Can someone tell me where in San Antonio it's located?  Also, any idea of days open and the hours?

Thanks,

Valerie  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in SAT; it is west Ajijic on Rio Zula.  

 

On 12/26/2018 at 12:30 AM, ComputerGuy said:

The old Tabarka location beside La Jolla. Great photos, and I'm willing to wager that not a single food item depicted was cooked, created, or photo'd at the restaurant. It's all stock photos except for the decidedly unprofessional photo of Giovanni himself.

 

42 minutes ago, thevalerieleigh said:

The menu looks great, looking forward to checking this out.  Can someone tell me where in San Antonio it's located?  Also, any idea of days open and the hours?

Thanks,

Valerie  :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, OK, thanks.  I remember when La Tabarka was in West Ajijic.  I appreciate the clarification.  :)

Valerie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe Computer Guy is correct.  About 4 weeks ago my friend was staying at the hotel and all the residents were invited to dinner by the hotel one evening. It was a shake down trial of food and staff.

She said it was excellent.  She would have known if Giovanni was there and no mention was made of him nor any sighting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A group of us went yesterday for lunch; all but the Ensalada César were unacceptable: uncooked (not al dente) pasta with cold chunks of cheese in the Alfredo; chicken parm was chunks of chicken--some clearly leftover and others RAW--in a pink sauce with ice-cold spaghetti,. Giovanni was there and apologized and said it was all his fault and told us he'd do better next time. A lovely place, beautifully decorated, but the Curse of G is in full force.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh wow. The criticism here is incredible. I gave been to this restaurant a few times, and loved it.  Ya know, I feel sorry for the new people here that read these comments.  Give Giovanni a break...he's a very nice guy that's trying to make a living...just like we all did NOB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...