Chapala.com Webboard

Mesquite firewood at better prices? Where??

Mainecoons

I was shocked when buying firewood locally this year, the prices seem to have doubled in dollar values.  Paid a princely sum for a small amount from the heretofore reasonable guy on Constitution.  Stopped by and looked at what they were selling up by Dusty Chicken, even worse.

Would like to pick up a real load of it in the car to prepare for colder weather likely in January.  Anyplace not too far that has decent mesquite without the gringo pricing?

My gardener takes care of mine. I own a chain saw and I loan him my truck and he keeps my fire wood rack full. I like Mesquite for grilling my steaks and other foods. I find it leaves a strong Oder in the house. Plus other than Mesquite should be cheaper.

I've still got about a years worth of firewood from the tree trimming at my house and the house next door several years ago. Seriously I have got to use it soon before the termites eat anymore. I bring in the firewood and the termites jump out and look for wood in the house. I sure hope they don't find any or even if there is any.besides the Christmas tree. :)

Better call Saul. 766-4275. Ask for a mix of white wood with the mesquite, this will keep the price down and help to burn the hard to light mesquite.

maybe wait until after Xmas because my elf informant tells me you are going to get a lot of coal in your stockings this year!

24 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Where is Saul?  I want to see before I buy.  Don't mind picking it up.

Coal will work too.  :D

Saul is on Constitution, almost directly behind you.  His wood pile is right on the street.  His phone is 766-4275.  He speaks English.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Surely there has to be someone selling mesquite outside of the gringo ghetto.  The ones there have no reason to negotiate and they don't.

Where ever you will go you still will pay gringo prices. Maybe just not as outrages as around Ajijic. Our Mexican helpers know places no gringo on this webboard would consider or even know about.  Just a thought.

Good luck in your search.

I believe Saul used to work in New Mexico, delivering Mexican built furniture. Many  Mexicans now see the incredible wage gap between these two countries and find it incredibly difficult to live on existing wage rates. The answer is usually multiple family homes. It is so bad, that is what is supporting the Motels you see everywhere, young couples have to rent a motel room by the hour for privacy on "sexy night".

Archived