Chapala.com Webboard

Help for cat in crisis

I need to find someone who could bring a couple of bottles of kidney support drops to Lakeside for my cat. The vet doesn't think there's much hope but I'm not ready to give up; the reviews on this stuff say it's helped others. Need to get it here PRONTO though, and delivery to Mex is a minimum of 2 weeks, whereas Amazon can send it to someone coming from the U.S. (or probably Canada) in a day or two.  Please - any ideas?

I don't know about kidney support drops but for my cat with no kidney function, we can get a gel from Ladrones that works very well. With either get or thrice weekly hydrations, he has lived about six years without kidney function. Gel is quite expensive, hydrations are cheap because we have learned to do them ourselves.

1 hour ago, kgreenbury said:

still hoping for someone who can transport the drops but I'd like the name of the gel and approximate cost if poss. Also, cost & source for IV supplies and where I could get a tutorial on doing that...

Would it not be a better idea to go right to the source (Hector Ladron) and learn from him, rather than mess around with self-tutorials that might put the cat in greater danger?  Also he could evaluate whether your particular cat would benefit from same treatment  that works for ladner's cat.

Hector Ladron is the only one I have found with the gel. I think it was about 1000 pesos for a month but the cat was kept in great condition and it is easy to administer. His people trained us to do the subcutaneous hydration. I get all the supplies from Farmacia Cristina for a third of that, but I would definitely go see him right away. You want your cat to be comfortable I'm sure.

I also get the gel from Ladron and give my cat sub cutaneous fluid every other day.  I had them show me how to do the fluid properly, what type of fluid to get (there is more than one), correct size of needle.   The fluid and needle are less expensive at local farmacias but I am glad someone showed me the correct way to administer.   I get the fluid from Farmacia Guadalajara and the needles from Cristina.  They also did testing to see if it was helping and how often it was necessary.   Not cheap but a year later my cat is alive and feeling very well.

Archived