Chapala.com Webboard
Bandol

Pian, Hidalgo 35, Ajijic

Best Thai restaurant in Lakeside.  Really delicious dinner tonight (and every time): Crispy Duck, and Crispy Shrimp in Tamarind Sauce.  Both outstanding.  Pian and his staff always friendly.

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 7:31 PM, Bandol said:

Best Thai restaurant in Lakeside.  Really delicious dinner tonight (and every time): Crispy Duck, and Crispy Shrimp in Tamarind Sauce.  Both outstanding.  Pian and his staff always friendly.

Are there any more Thai restaurants in Lakeside other than it and Simply Thai?  Is this the same restaurant that was originally in the Laguna Mall?

We like Tepatate Thai, also on Hidalgo at #31; it has been around for many years.  The one at #35 was on Colon in Ajijic, but only briefly; chef Pian at #35 worked at Tepatate Thai before going off on his own recently.   

Meal I had there on Tues was dreadful.

Pian, the subject of this thread.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, tomgates said:

Meal I had there on Tues was dreadful.

I have eaten at Pian one time.  It was just awful.  

I also had green curry, it was sooo salty we could not eat it, I also had pad Thai, it was tasteless and no peanuts, we paid for it and the next night went next door to Tepatate Thai and ordered same thing, it was superb, so you know which one I will not go back to...

• Like 1

My experience was the same.  I've been going to Tepetate Thai for a while now, and love their food.  I thought I'd give Pien Thai a try.......mediocre food and service!  And plastic tables, chairs and tablecloths do nothing for the ambience!   I'm definitely sticking with Tepetate Thai!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bdlngton said:

The fresh rolls I had at Tepetate Thai were definitely not fresh.  The only filling was rusty cabbage.  

Must have been an off day.  I've had them many times, and they've been fresh and delicious!

Of course tastes differ but having eaten several times at Tepatate I find the filling in their  vegetable rolls to be slimy and distasteful.  Pian’s are crispy and fresh.   

• Like 1