Chapala.com Webboard

Stop telemarketer calls

Intercasa

Hate those annoying telemarketer calls?  You can block your number by putting yourself on the do not call list for financial institutions every 2 years here: https://webapps.condusef.gob.mx/reus/app/registro.jsp and for regular marketing calls here: https://repep.profeco.gob.mx/

i hope it works better in Mexico than it does in the US. Once upon a time the Do-not-call list worked pretty well. Today it is a farce. All of our phones (4) are on both the Federal and State DNC lists and between us we get around 15 calls A DAY.  I ‘block’ on average 2-3 calls every day but it does no good. Companies in todays world have absolutely no consideration for anything other than their OWN bottom line.  

P.S.  When I was younger I told myself that, when I got old, I would not become a cynic. Guess what!?! 

Thanks, Spencer. I got 8 calls from At&T the other day. I started out being polite, saying I wasn't interested, and to please take me off their call list. By the end I just hung up on them. They all came from different numbers (which apparently "no existe") - my blocked number list gets full.

I can only hope that registering your number for the 'Do Not Call' list works better in Mexico than it did in Canada. Years ago, Canadians were told they could be put on a 'Do Not Call' list. Calls were still coming through from telemarketers, in fact, usually more often then before. It turns out, the Canadian government SOLD the list to these companies! People were furious, including me! I even had calls from Windows computer service guys. I used to get six or seven of these calls every day for several months, even though I kept telling them that I didn't even have a Windows PC (I had a Mac). I couldn't block them because it showed as an unknown number. I called Bell Telephone, and they said there was nothing they could do!

If I don’t recognize the number on my caller ID, I let it go to my answering service. If someone needs to talk with me,  they will leave a number to call them back or a message.  Over 90% of my unrecognized numbers just hang up. No bother to me at all and no need to be put on any anti call register.

Archived