Chapala.com Webboard

Download and upload speed, pc slow

sm1mex

My download was 8.82 and upload was 0.  I rebooted the pc and also the motem.  Now the download speed is 10.3 and upload 0.54.

Before rebooting,  web site pages would not open, just grind and grind.  Now I can get them to open but turtle slow. 

What should the upload speed be approximately.  I used speedtest.net.

You are going to have to share with us which Provider you use..... are you talking about Telmex or TeleCable or Telcel cell coverage??? I suspect it is Telmex (the phone company) but......

Also, with a download of 10 and upload of .50 your web pages should be opening just fine so something else might be wrong with your connections.  

I get that with Telmex, almost no upload speed

It is not uncommon for a ADSL (Telmex) upload to be next to nothing.... 0.50.  While not great by any standard, there is not much ‘uploading’ going on when surfing the net. Trying to upload pictures or doing Facetime or teleconferencing.... yes... but otherwise not so much. 

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

My download was 8.82 and upload was 0.  I rebooted the pc and also the motem.  Now the download speed is 10.3 and upload 0.54.

Before rebooting,  web site pages would not open, just grind and grind.  Now I can get them to open but turtle slow. 

What should the upload speed be approximately.  I used speedtest.net.

When you reboot the modem, you clear out a lot stuff that affects Internet speed. If your speed is 8 or 10, and pages are opening slowly, it is your computer that is having difficulty... not the Internet.

If you go into your telmex modem  (at  192.168.1.254) at least that is what I use, I can see that my maximum speed my connection  is limited to

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 0.638 / 12.542

and the best one can get is usually about 80 to 85% of that if your connection is good, you can get, and I get about 10.3 down by perhaps 0.4 up.

Archived