Chapala.com Webboard

Annual Motor Vehicle Stickers

mkshawn

Is it custom or law that most all vehicles I see are covered in a complete history of their stay in Jalisco?

Are the owners allowed to remove & replace with a current version? Anyone have any advice on how best to accomplish this, if not against the Local Transito laws?

• 2 weeks later...

Use this website for your refrendo amount which usually appears the end of December or early January.  It is the same site that will show amount due if you have a ticket generated by foto radar. 

https://gobiernoenlinea1.jalisco.gob.mx/vehicular/index.jsp

On 12/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, Ferret said:

You can remove the sticker BUT keep all the paperwork that came with the stickers forever. It is needed if you go to sell the car.

I thought all you needed was the original sales document for the vehicle. Not annual renewals.

If you have any questions, please do your due diligence and ask Spencer. It is my understanding that the tenencia's must be paid and that you have to have proof that they have been paid. Yes, you would think that it would show up on their computer systems but, this is Mexico. It is also a safeguard that the person selling the car is the real owner. YMMV.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:59 PM, mexijims1 said:

How much will it cost for 2019, especially if done in January (discount rate)?

Thanks,

Artículo: ART.23 FRACC.III INCISO A, Descripción: REFRENDO ANUAL DE PLACAS VEHICULARES, Periodo: 2019 $590.00
Artículo: ART. 23 FRACC. III PENULTIMO PARRAFO, Descripción: DESCUENTO 10 % REFRENDO, Periodo: 2019   $-59.00
Artículo: ART. 23 FRACC. III ULTIMO PARRAFO LIE, Descripción: MONTO PARA LA CRUZ ROJA MEXICANA Y HOGAR CABAÑAS POR EL PAGO DE REFRENDO ANUAL DE PLACAS VEHICULARES, Periodo: 2019   $51.00

I always stick old sticker on the last years registration and keep in a file as they ask if you sell the car, buyer may need or if you change states

Archived