Chapala.com Webboard

Question

Mayito

If you are concerned about a possible leak AT your propane tank.... and you have good access to that tank...., a solution of soapy water can be dabbed on the threaded connection to the valve. If the solution 'bubbles', you have a leak (which can potentially be cured by just tightening the connection and tested again). 

Thank you, RickS, I already have done the soapy solution thing at the tank, all accessible fittings, valves and pipes inside and outside the house with the help of a good and trusted handyman, but it appears that this a hidden leak, so that’s why I’m looking for an expert in detecting gas leaks. Thank you 

If you are losing gas, don't smell anything nor have any idea of where the leak might be it is often better and more cost effective to run a new line from the tank to the entry point than trying to find the source of the leak. Same applies to water. 

You could buy one of these new style detectors, I have read it is the latest technology, from Amazon Mexico: https://www.amazon.com.mx/Extech-Instruments-FG100-Combustible-Detector/dp/B000I3VRRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544661308&sr=8-1&keywords=gas+leak+detector

FG100.jpg

16 hours ago, John Shrall said:

If you are losing gas, don't smell anything nor have any idea of where the leak might be it is often better and more cost effective to run a new line from the tank to the entry point than trying to find the source of the leak. Same applies to water. 

I ran a new line outside the house. The galvanized metal pipe used embedded in the floor is limited due to perforations and leaks. Durman gas line manufactured in MEXICO, uses double compression O rings.

Archived