Chapala.com Webboard

Cold weather warning

johanson

Do many of you go to www.ajijicweather.com ? If you are interested, go to that website and scan down to where they show the daily forecast for today and the next four days. At the bottom of each day is a link for you to click on that says  "Day details". Left click thereon and it will also show the forecasted "nightly low" among other things for the next four day.. It has been showing about 52 degrees for a while, now all of a sudden the future forecasted temperatures are dropping to the low 40s and by Friday 38 F or about 3 C.

I sure hope the forecast is wrong :) 

Chapala, Mexico 10 Day Weather

11:17 am CST
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

DEC 12
Mostly Cloudy
73°51°
0%
WSW 9 mph 48%
THU

DEC 13
Partly Cloudy
72°44°
10%
W 7 mph 56%
FRI

DEC 14
Partly Cloudy
68°39°
0%
NE 6 mph 43%
SAT

DEC 15
Sunny
69°43°
0%
ENE 5 mph 33%
SUN

DEC 16
Partly Cloudy
70°45°
0%
ENE 4 mph 42%
MON

DEC 17
Partly Cloudy
72°47°
0%
ENE 4 mph 45%
TUE

DEC 18
Partly Cloudy
72°49°
0%
SE 5 mph 53%
WED

DEC 19
Partly Cloudy
70°46°
0%
SSW 7 mph 56%
THU

DEC 20
Partly Cloudy
67°46°
10%
ESE 5 mph 58%
FRI

DEC 21
Mostly Sunny
67°44°
20%
ESE 6 mph 59%
SAT

DEC 22
Partly Cloudy
70°45°
20%
SE 4 mph 59%
SUN

DEC 23
Partly Cloudy
71°46°
10%
SSE 5 mph 58%
MON

DEC 24
Partly Cloudy
72°48°
20%
SE 4 mph 62%
TUE

DEC 25
Partly Cloudy
72°47°
20%
ESE 4 mph 62%
WED

DEC 26
Mostly Sunny
74°49°
0%
ESE 4 mph 59%

The Ajijic weather site posts this disclaimer,

The weather data that follows this text is taken from observations at Guadalajara airport (MMGL). Ajijic is usually 5 degrees warmer at night and 5 degrees cooler during the day. This is because of our proximity to the lake. 

One nice thing is that I bought my car with all weather to high traction tires that work well in snow. I am starting a  rumor that there is a very good chances that we will have snow at the higher elevation areas. (much higher elevations than here)

B)

Well, I remember very well arriving here October 1997 - to a large house with minimal furniture and household stuff yet to be delivered.  That December it was indeed 39 degrees and Guadalajara had some snow. We had a "new" used car and drove around 'cause it had heat!  And found a store open (everyone closed)  in Joco who had sweaters and those really heavy furry blankets- which is still put away - just in case!

I remember on a Saturday somewhere around that same day in 1997 when the temp was just above freezing and one could see the occasional snowflake coming down in Ajijic. But it didn't stick anywhere. Apparently it did in some places in Guadalajara. And when reporting the amount of snow, they incorrectly said "a few cm" instead of a few millimeters. I coincidentally drove into Guadalajara that day and I didn't see any snow even though it was reported that in some parts of Guadalajara they had a little snow.  It either melted before I got to GDL or it was not visible from where I drove.

4 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

WHAAAAAT!!!!!

Here is a primer:

What is the difference between weather and climate?

The main difference between weather and climate is the measure of time. Weather refers to the short-term atmospheric conditions in an area, while climate represents the average daily weather over a relatively long period of time. Climate also includes statistics of weather extremes.

Archived