Chapala.com Webboard

Last minute Beach getaway for Christmas

tiapippy

Would appreciate recommendations for a last minute decision to head to the beach for the Christmas holidays, for about six days. Haven't a clue where to go as I've only been to Puerto Vallarta once. Would love to have a place with parking and a view of the bay/ocean would be nice. Thanks in advance.

I just yesterday drove past Citi Express in Manzanillo, and it's right on Playa Azul on the Manzanillo Bay about in the middle or maybe a bit closer to the north end because you can clearly see Las Hadas. It looked like a  nice hotel, fairly new, not an ancient beach relic as some of them are.  You will  be close to Walmart, Soriana and Sam's Club and probably plenty of places to eat.  Availability might be an issue as it was for me.  I finally resorted to taking a house 10 min or so from a beach.   Las Hadas is  more expensive as is Dolphin Cove and El Tesoro, but availability with them is also probably an issue.  I've been told that you can walk Melaque and probably Barra de Navidad and find lots of rentals but maybe not right on the beach.

21 minutes ago, tomgates said:

Ad in Guad Reporter for the Pink Posada in Manzanillo--call 314-333-1899.  On the beach, south end of Lazaro Cardenas. $60us and includes breakfast.

I've stayed there often and the only thing is;  Be prepared for something out of bygone days.  Nothin' fancy, but it is located near enough to the harbor that you can sip your drink and watch the ships go in and out.

We love watching the shipping lanes in Manzanillo because my husband childhood neighbor Steinbrenner owned shipping company and he got all the neighbor boys their maritime cards and jobs on the ships for a few weeks each summer. We have stayed at the Pink Posada (charmingly retro) and just to the north at a private condo complex.  Beach and cards all day long.  OR try Melaque try the  Posada Pablo  www.posadapablodetarso.com  3153555707 o 3555717.

Archived