Chapala.com Webboard

Membership

Wookie

If I lived within walking distance of the place I would be a member. I was one and found it not worth the hassle of visiting. YMMV

BTY, if you join, make sure you are not in the directory (for bad people to know where you live) and do not allow you to share youe email address with anyone unless you like spam.

Gosh how paranoid :) .    I have belonged to the LCS for 20 years and have always shown my name, number, address in their phone book and since I have had internet down here my email address as well. I even post here  under my own name. And when I wrote Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter for about 10 years, my name and email address were printed in the Guadalajara Reporter every week. And I have never had a problem. I have nothing to hide :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, Wookie said:

Could you please tell me how much it costs for a couple to join?  If we join now in December will our membership be good until next December or do we need to wait until January to enjoy a full year of membership?

• An LCS membership applies to a single individual. Each individual will receive a photo ID card with a unique membership number.
  • NEW LCS memberships are available any time of the year. The membership privileges begin on the date of enrollment and terminate on the member's birthdate in 2018, 2019, or 2020. The membership fee is prorated to reflect the period selected.
  • Calendar year memberships offered in prior years are no longer available. All calendar year memberships expired on December 31, 2015. If a calendar year membership has not been renewed to reflect expiration on the member's birthdate, a NEW membership will be required.
  • All active LCS memberships may be renewed on-line for a period of one or two years, expiring on the member's birthdate in the selected year.

More information is available https://www.lakechapalasociety.com/public/membership.php  .however, rates for 2019 will be 730 pesos for a  single membership, 575 pesos for a single membership over 79 years of age and 250 pesos for a monthly membership and 50 pesos for student membership.

No changes for 2019 for monthly and student memberships.

Edited by LCS Notices
Price correction for monthly and student memberships.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Until LCS brings back couples memberships I won't be rejoining.  It is not about the money it is about having to deal with separate renewals at different times.  Very stupid policy change IMHO.

Really?   The two of you can't come on separate dates for renewals?    Not a 'stupid' policy and I'm sure it works better for the volunteers on the membership desk.   

Most of us are retired and can fit this into our busy schedules!    

• Like 1

I laugh at the people now upset about the “unfairness” of each adult having to pay the same price for membership as every other adult. These same people never cared about the unfairness of single people paying a higher member cost than those with partners. The new policy treats everyone the same. No marriage premium. So unfair! 😱

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:51 PM, johanson said:

One thing, "over 79" means that once you renew at your 79th birthday, you qualify for the lower rate. And the amount is $550 not $575.  The only reason I know this is because I just renewed and was charged $550.

is this charge in pesos per year? Sorry for the silly  question but  I will be there for the first time in 2 months 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:55 PM, johanson said:

Gosh how paranoid :) .    I have belonged to the LCS for 20 years and have always shown my name, number, address in their phone book and since I have had internet down here my email address as well. I even post here  under my own name. And when I wrote Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter for about 10 years, my name and email address were printed in the Guadalajara Reporter every week. And I have never had a problem. I have nothing to hide :) 

I read  the  post below  your picture. I fell in love with Mexico back in 1979 but I just decided to make the move .Smart choice ( for you ) to leave the snow behind. I am leaving behind the steamy weather of Florida   LOL

10 hours ago, christos christakopoulos said:

is this charge in pesos per year? Sorry for the silly  question but  I will be there for the first time in 2 months 

Yes I paid $550 pesos. All the membership rates shown are in pesos.

• 3 weeks later...

Have hammers Will Travel A.C.   is very thankful for LCS and it members supporting the first hands tools class for young Mexican children, 10 and 12 years old in 2008.

your membership fees provided the space for the hand tool class to happen.

I personally thank all the members of LCS you changed life of over 100's of young Mexican youth boys and girls.

This is where Have Hammer Will Travel A.C. started in 2008, now we are strong and have a full shop in Riberas de Pilar

Avenida Hildalgo #231

Riberas de Pilar

Chapala, Jalisco

376-766-4830

LCS is our nurturing mother. That helped give life to the HHWT carpentry. school

THANK YOU , THANK YOU to all the members of LCS

with affinity

HHWT board of directors and volunteers

have hammers lcs add.JPG