Chapala.com Webboard

Have books I need to get rid of.

dcstroker

I have a pile of books that I need to get rid of, approximately 1000. They're all kinds, pocket novels, hardback, how to, decorating, travel, etc. Where would be a good place to take them? I've taken a few to the LCS before but not this many. Any ideas?

I work in the LCS library and we will take your books but we cannot handle large volumes at a time. This is due to space problems and time to process donated books.  Fiction, both pocket and hardback, are especially welcome.  1000 books is a staggering number and would probably overwhelm even the GDL sources.  

3 hours ago, dcstroker said:

I have a pile of books that I need to get rid of, approximately 1000. They're all kinds, pocket novels, hardback, how to, decorating, travel, etc. Where would be a good place to take them? I've taken a few to the LCS before but not this many. Any ideas?

Perhaps it would be best to just give some of the books now and some more later so as not to overwhelm the recipient?

All the bazaars in town usually have books for sale, so I am sure that they would be prepared to take at least some of yours.  If you have any James Patterson ones, I would gladly take them off your hands if you let me know by PM how to reach you.  Thanks.

Doubt there is any one location that has the space to store or volunteers to process 1,000 books, even a couple hundred would be overwhelming. If you check out the bazaars and resale shop spaces you can see how little shelf space they have. 

15 hours ago, Willie said:

Lyle, who works at TodoBueno is at my house right now and says he could pick them up this evening if you can give me phone contact.  TIA   or PM me....

Sent you a PM

Archived