Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Express.com out of business?

I found the new web site to be very difficult to navigate.  Badly designed by amateurs it seemed.  I finally gave up on the site to the point that we are driving ourselves to Costco this Thursday.  I would like to trust these "great kids" but their interface with clients sucks.

It is not the best site, no, but it has been getting the job done for me for a long time. You just have to know where to start. Heck, you can even add "favorites" so your list is half ready before you even start. You can also change the view of goods you are looking at, in grid format. I never want to drive to CostCo again for the everyday stuff.

Costco favorites.png

Costco water.png

I started ordering Costco's very reasonable eggs from them.. safely delivered. Also ofc all frozen items, including ice cream.

Some routine pharmacy items aren't listed, so I ask for them in the comments. Have had good luck with that. Also anything I'm curious about, I ask them to check for me. I try to do it as an order, for instance, that large 14 inch frying pan Costco always seems to carry.

Excellent service.

I don't find the website difficult, but perhaps I have more patience, than most.

Frozen items arrive frozen. Never had anything delivered thawed, etc.

I don't recommend ordering the large CostCo ready to bake pizza, though, as the items tend to slide around. The 4 pack of frozen cheese pizzas come solid as a rock, as does my salmon, and anything else frozen.

They are very accomodating. If there is something that you want and they don't have it on their website, just give them a picture or SKU number and they will see if they can get it for you. 

They regularly send photos to me from the store while they are shopping, if I have ordered sheets, towels, blankets... anything that has a colour requirement. As well as alternate selections of various items. I do want them to take more care when picking tomatoes, though.

Processing of an order to delivery seems well organized.  A couple and a relative work an organized system

to insure the best delivery service.  2 days of shopping(DAY #1 if for dry and canned goods and Day #2 is for FRESH(bakery) and FROZEN goods

MONDAY and TUESDAY

Delivery on Wednesday.

Frozen goods kept frozen and fresh goods are fresh.

PRICES are very reasonable for service.

Unfotunately no delivery to my area near Jocotepec. THOSE AREAS NOT INCLUDED in DELIVERY CAN BENEFIT BY

PICKING UP ORDERS IN AJIJIC ON WEDNESDAYS.😊

The Website is pretty much the same as when Cynthia & Juan had the business so I guess I have learned to use it over the years. I love the fact that they will call if an item isn't available but alternatives are. We discuss the options and I decide which choice I want. They run an excellent operation.

I am sure glad I am wrong. They must have freezers or something or they deliver frozen products in less than a day or two.

How do they keep items below freezing? Or do they deliver frozen orders in a short period of time?

Archived