Chapala.com Webboard

PURPLE GARLIC PIZZA BROTHERS

Carnivore

47 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Quite a disappointment. Two blocks from my house; had to call back to remind them I was still waiting; tasted awful. (Delivered on a  paper plate covered with foil.) Cheap, though. You get what you pay for?

For the record, you are talking about some pizza place in Riberas, right?   

Per Purple Garlic FB page, they are hoping to open at the Ajijic plaza on Monday.  This is also what I heard from vendors at yesterday's Thursday market.  The vendors said that PG was going to continue to allow them to use that venue on Thursday mornings.  Win win.  

19 hours ago, Carnivore said:

SO, WHERE IS THIS COMMENTARY GOING..........DOES IT STILL

RELATE TO "PURPLE GARLIC PIZZA BROTHERS"???

Your face-to-face conversations must be extremely short and judgmental, eh?

• Haha 2

On 6/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

Per Purple Garlic FB page, they are hoping to open at the Ajijic plaza on Monday.  This is also what I heard from vendors at yesterday's Thursday market.  The vendors said that PG was going to continue to allow them to use that venue on Thursday mornings.  Win win.  

Ha-Ha, I am the lease holder, they aren't allowing me anything, I'm allowing them....they had a lot of work to do when I went in yesterday, hope Monday wasn't too ambitious considering all the gas/electrical hookups. They have gotten many things accomplished this week, but Rome wasn't built in a day....It's gonna be great when it opens.

• Thanks 1

Went last night to opening at new location on Ajijic Plaza it is perfect, much larger, no loud music, I had the small Greek salad and small pizza, wonderful, the surprise was my ten year old waiter, who was better than most waiters in town, I wish him luck, his father is one of the employees, a keeper..

• Like 3

We went last night at about 7:30 and although we were the only diners present it was great......in fact, just like it used to be before the introduction of live music at the previous location.  Anna, who's currently in the U.S. until mid July had written to us indicating that it was fully their intention to be up and running by last night but she was well aware that they still had lots to do.  They'll have a formal re-opening sometime soon.   They still have no exterior signage but the landlord has agreed to at least place some form of signage on his iconic Volkswagen that's usually parked right in front.  The address is: Parroquia 12A which is the street that runs along the south side of Ajijic Plaza.  It was previously an Indian restaurant and is located directly south of the Cultural Centre between the Polleria and new fruit/vegetable store.  Javier said that their intended hours are from 4:00pm to 10:00pm Monday through Saturday.  They intend to have their Trivia night on Tuesday and, at this point they haven't made any decisions about music.  The pizza oven is up and running and the location of the unit provides for far improved ventilation which results in a far hotter oven (which is located right at the very back of the restaurant) and a greatly improved pizza crust.  Our meal last night, with a respectable bottle of wine (inexpensive by local standards),  and the "over the top" service by Gabriel.  (As artsnob just said in the prior post!   We'll go even further:  Gabriel is the best and most loveable restaurant waiter we've encountered anywhere!  And that's a fact.......We've already come to think of him as being the "honorary general manager".  Our pizza, as is our usual,  was the "Samurai" with added Serrano peppers and it was simply wonderful.  Our small Greek salad was great even without the Kalamata olives that both Gabriel and Javier assured us they'll have on our next visit...which will be soon.

Hopefully, with their intended hours, their food will attract attention from some of the bars that are on the square or close by when other eateries have closed.  We wish them well and sincerely hope that their "regulars" quickly return and that a great number of newcomers will soon enjoy their great food and much improved location.  With a liitle bit of looking there's really no shortage of parking in the vicinity and for many expats and a very significant Mexican population,  "Purple Garlic Pizza Brother's" new location is within a comfortable walking distance.

Phone: 331 091 3385

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...