Chapala.com Webboard

Medicine - Economical price

Sampath

I could notice medicines are a bit expensive in Branded stores .Do we have any generic or substitute places to get the medicine in lesser price?

Also is it worth to opt IMSS services? I am on Work permit here.Am I eligible opt the IMSS service.If yes Could advise me the process.

Thanks a lot! Have a good time!

In addition to the “Farmacia Similares” at Lakeside, there are other ‘discount’ Farmacias that often have better pricing, depending on the ‘drug’, than the branded stores.  One such is Farmacias Express II which is on the caraterra in San Antonio, next to the OXXO which is across from Century 21 Real estate. They ‘advertise 40% discount’. I have used them before on a couple of items and found them to be cheaper than Branded.... they are NOT a Similares (generic) but just discount regular items so they say.

Farmacia Ahorro on main drag in  Chapala.  Make sure you indicate "genérico".  Also Farmacia Campana top NW corner one block west of Colon in Ajijic at Juarez.  Again, specify "generíco".  Both are cheaper than the place by Oxxo in San A. 

Farmacias Guadalajara also have lots of generics --- just specify that's what you want.

2 hours ago, RickS said:

In addition to the “Farmacia Similares” at Lakeside, there are other ‘discount’ Farmacias that often have better pricing, depending on the ‘drug’, than the branded stores.  One such is Farmacias Express II which is on the caraterra in San Antonio, next to the OXXO which is across from Century 21 Real estate. They ‘advertise 40% discount’. I have used them before on a couple of items and found them to be cheaper than Branded.... they are NOT a Similares (generic) but just discount regular items so they say.

Amazing how much faith we place in a "knock off" product 

At best made in India and concocted with water from the Ganges

Baloney. The law in Mexico states that generic drugs must include exactly the same ingredients, and they are all thoroughly tested by the Feds (as long as we discount whatever corruption might be involved in that service). I have used them for 20 years and never had a problem and have always had them do exactly what they are supposed to do.

Edit: Angus, I'm referring to lakeside 7, not you.

In fact, with almost zero exceptions, Farm Similares has better prices than any discounted farmacia price. One exception I've discovered: sublingua pain killers. Somehow Farm Guad manages to be cheaper on the their genericos.

20 hours ago, geeser said:

For even better prices try Farmatodo online shopping. I have recently used them and prescription was delivered to Ajijic in 4 days from CDMX. 

Strange.... I just checked one common drug (generic form) on their site and is was much more expensive than 2 different places I get it here (same number of caps, same mg/cap).  Guess it depends on what you're buying.

Archived