Chapala.com Webboard

Roku Netflix

If you are watching Netflix anywhere else in the world outside of the USA without a VPN telling Netflix that you are in the USA, you are NOT watching Netflix USA EVER even though you might think you are. Netflix knows by your ISP EXACTLY what country you are in, and will send you that country's feed.

You can put that in the bank!

Why the language changes, who knows what eveil lurks in the heart of internet. A month or so ago, my Google decided it would be in Spanish. I have the NCR set correctly; I change the language to English and before I can get back to do a search, Google has changed itrself back to Spanish. 

In the language situation, I'm sorry that I can't help you. I'm still trying to help myself.

I've had Netflix USA for a couple of years with a VPN.  When  I have had my internet connection drop, the VPN drops, too.  Without the VPN, you wind up on Mexican Netflix, which has many of the same programs, and you can set the language to English. I also need CC due to hearing problems, and while all the US programs have CC, some of the Mexican Netflix programs do not.  You can also set it up so that you  exclude programs without that option.

You need to be sure that the VPN is connected when you are ready to watch U.S. Netflix.  Sometimes it gets sneaky.😎

Archived