Chapala.com Webboard

La Peceña

k2tog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At there on Saturday night. At 6:30 the place was so packed (90% expat) that we sort of fended for ourselves for the first 10 minutes, but then we were offered a table inside. After that, service and food were very very good.

I had the tuna, which is seared and served room temp, with a sweet cilantro sauce. Very nicely presented in a multi-colour sesame seed rub. Some of the nicest tuna I've had, and came with a sie of thinsly sliced veg in an Asian sauce. Partner had shrimp enchiladas in a green sauce with cheese, except the sauce wasn't green... it was full of spicy hot bits of green chilis. That is not shown on the menu, and for a person who doesn't dig pica, not a happy touch. The taste was very good, though.

Limonadas were unfortunately the typical "grab the money" drink, in a normal glass 3/4 full of ice for 30p.

I'll go back to try other things, while noting that at 160p the tuna was a good price, but some of the other items just seem very high. We both ordered a variation on shrimp tacos for starters: one taco in each order for 55p per.

Our group of close friends are now all suggesting that this restaurant is outstanding and for Lakeside......a very welcome addition.  Our dinner last night was exactly that: (OUTSTANDING).  Lovely spot with friendly staff, impeccable food at excellent pricing and great innovative variety.  

• 1 month later...

Four of us ate there last night.  A bit of a mixed bag for us.  Two had the halibut which was bland and overcooked and definitely not worth $320 pesos per plate.  We ordered a calamari starter, it was over breaded and greasy and pretty tasteless.  One had the "house" fish served in a sauce and liked it.  One had shrimp fajitas and pronounced it OK.  Seating and tables are primitive to say the least.  Service was good.

IMHO there are better places to eat seafood around here so we'll probably not return.

I've been there a few times, and certainly enjoyed the food, but did find it a pricey experience with all things considered. As MC wrote, there are other options for the money spent. 

YMMV. 

Archived