Chapala.com Webboard

Simapa: Cloudy water Incoming Riberas

mkshawn

Does anyone have any information on Simapa doing additives to the water system in Upper Riberas. I was doing my weekly addition of 2 small chlorine pucks to our 10,000 litre Aljibi & noticed a white cloud at the incoming pipe. Bucketed out a sample & it was too dense to see through, but cleared in several minutes? No smell detected but very disturbing. No construction work visible on our street either?

Could it have just been air?  That would clear almost immediately.

Remember, water from the street is not a constant flow, and is sometimes off for much of the day. That is why homes have tinacos and aljibes for storage. When the water comes back on, the pipes may be full of air, which will be pushed out by the water, causing the phenomena that you describe.

Very dense cloud, as mentioned u can not see through it? Suddenly after several minutes its clear our flow alone would allow bubbles, this is like adding a liquid with a dense colour in it through your pool filter, only it's in our aljibe.

Called SAT Simapa they said they would send some one to have a look?

I think RVGringo  could be right. I've seen that before. It does look like fine dirt but it is just small air bubbles. It happened quite often from the jets in my swimming pool. I sampled the water and let it sit and it was soon clear.

Well to update u. Simapa did not arrive yet however when I depress the float valve the water entering is now clear. So without confirmation from the water gods we are all still in the dark. It reminded me of a diatomaceous (sp) earth suspension

Tks for the help, another day, another mystery?

Archived