Chapala.com Webboard

Screw for glasses

cedros

I have 2 pair of glasses that have lost a screw that holds the earpiece on. Does anyone know of a place Lakeside that can repair them?

There is a guy at 222-B Madero on the way into Chapala from the west, about a block before the lights. Lake side, yellow exterior. Leaves by 3 pm to head back to Guadalajara. He will do it quickly for a small fee.

Or you can also go to the Optical place in the small plaza directly east of Telmex and directly west of Z gas (which is at the corner of Revolution and the carretera) … Prasad at one end and the optical place at the other end.  They also sell kits with the small screw driver and extra screws. It's easier to use the small screw driver to tighten screws that are already in place... and then put a dollop of crazy glue or clean nail polish over the screws to help it stay in place.

"Loctite" is a good option, as opposed to glue, because it is designed to secure screws like a glue but is ultimately un-doable. Most hardware stores carry it here. On the other hand, your screwhole might have been stripped. When that happened to me, a screw with a different thread pattern fixed the problem.

I went to the place by Telmex as it was closer and the gal promptly fixed both pair of glasses. She didn't want anything for doing it but I gave her something.

The last time I looked, maybe 5 months ago, Dr. Pinto was located on the cross street between Moms Deli and Telecable (Izzi). His receptionist can fix glasses for you. But as I now note, you found a place near Telmex.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

I went to the place by Telmex as it was closer and the gal promptly fixed both pair of glasses. She didn't want anything for doing it but I gave her something.

She's a very nice and understanding lady... with steady hands and patience.

In a pinch, you can use a small safety pin or even a paper clip... looks really nerdy but works.

Archived