Chapala.com Webboard

AUTO AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR IN LAKESIDE?

AIR CONDITIONER FIXED!  Camerena Refrigeracion de Jocotepec and Ajijic Tallers(shops)

ENGLISH SPOKEN in BOTH locations.  Excellent tecnnical work and SERVICE!!  Recommend without

any caution!  FAIR PRICE !

PROeeking local garage/taller with technical skills and access to replacement parts

to repair my auto air conditioner(Standard/manual transmission auto)

Want to avoid Guadalajara drive and inconvenience

if possible.

Thanks so much

Carolyn

I do not mean to sound rude, but if you would open your eyes and look at the large sign on the carraterra in Ajijic you will see there is a place that specializes in auto air conditioning repair on the corner across from Gossips Restaurant.  This site, as well as the FB sites, never cease to amaze me of the ineptness of people to find the obvious.

I think the problem is unique to Ajijic, for two reasons:

1. There is no real central "downtown" shopping area in tiny Ajijic.

2. Most expats are very handicapped by being monolingual.

In Chapala centro, there is a downtown shopping area, which serves the surrounding villages, including Ajijic.  When we first arrived, we walked Francisco Madero, north and south, both sides, and stopped in many of the businesses to explore. That made life a lot easier for us, and it got even better when we learned some basic Spanish. I would think that doing those two things would come naturally for any expat, other than the snobbishly entitled and the congenitally lazy.    So there!

I had a very bad experience with the a/c place on the carretera near Gossips.  He told me that my compressor was shot and had to be replaced and pointed at something else that needed replacement.  Total cost - 3,800 pesos.  I took my car to Roberto's body repair shop on the mountain side in Riberas for some body work.  I asked him if he knew a good a/c repair shop, and he offered to look at it for me.  He tested my generator and said there was nothing wrong with it and then checked my fuses.  There was a relay switch missing.  Total a/c repair cost - 300 pesos.

Refrigeration Camarena Colon number 38 A Ajjic Which is on the mountain side of Colon

They work by appointment 376 766 2256 is the number to call for an appointment. I got

ripped off by Car City a year ago in combination with the guy they had or have,coming from Guad.

Then found out about Camarena. A sign on a highway often means nothing here, seems that no

one takes down nor paints over thier sign when they go out of business............best of luck!

I highly recommend Eurofreeze across from Gossips, which is a satellite shop to their main shop in GDL. They drove me home when I dropped my car off and picked me up later the same day when my car was ready. Showed me original and newly installed new replacement parts, explained exactly what was wrong and how they repaired it, gave me a three month full warranty, charged a fair price and I was more than pleased.

Xena, in reply to your remark..... "The first two responders have outdone themselves for rudeness and gratuitous insults. Shame on both of you."  I was not being rude as stated at the beginning of my post.   Sometimes it is amazing what people ask on this and other area related FB sites such as where to buy everyday common items which is not a reflection of the original poster

We have lived here going nine years and seems to me people would rather ask on this site and area related FB sites instead of googling or looking for themselves. The lack of initiative of a lot of people lately is just laziness.  Makes me wonder how some people ever made it in life before the internet.  I do not know how long you have actually lived here, being a Super Advanced Member, but if you would stop and think and read some of the questions asked on this site you would have to agree with any common sense.

I received a personal message from the original poster of this request and politely answered her questions.  

Cricket, saying you are not being rude does not mean that you are not being rude. When you respond to an individual’s post in the manner you did it is a reflection of your attitude toward the original poster. Nothing you say after the fact changes that, even if you underline it.  If you were not telling the OP to open her eyes and look for the sign and were not actually pointing out her “ineptness in finding the obvious” you fooled me.

I have lived here for going on eleven years and have a fair amount of common sense. I do notice that people look here and on FB for information I found (and sometimes still find) in other ways. I choose to either answer a question if I can (and feel like it) or I ignore it. I do not release the hounds of Hell on a poster who simply wants to get her ac fixed. She did not deserve your angry response. May I suggest that in future you create a separate post venting your feelings about the topic rather than in response to an innocent bystander. 

Dear CRICKET

Love the choice of 'cricket'

XENA is making a valid and plainly ascertainable observation.  But I am a student of civility...and I am aware that written commentaries

are oft misunderstood or misinterpreted as to 'meaning'  behind the words.  I chose not to take exception to the usual limitations

of the written word(no sound, inflection, etc) of your otherwise 'unfriendly' response...

I am delighted that we were able to complete our contact with friendliness.  And making peace with the limitations

of such sites providing contact for sharing and assistance is my ,preference  There is so little civility in this

distanced manner of communication...and we can all offer a kind response and inure to the benefit of all involved.

Thank you XENA for your kindness and commentary.  I believe speaking up in the face of possible ill conceived

correspondence/messages is a worthy contribution to urge all of us to consider HOW WE SOUND(so to speak_)

when offering comments on a public forum

and Thank YOU Cricket for your ultimate sharing...once past the initial harsh response  to my inquiry

THIS was and is a WIN WIN WIN situation!

WARMEST REGARDS to you both.😊

Sincerely

Carolyn

Apachewoman, your response is gracious and compassionate. You really took the high road. I admire that. I am recently attempting to be kinder in this increasingly unkind world. This is most difficult in the online world. You have raised the bar a couple of notches for me. Thank you. 

Dear Xena

Thank you for your valuable contribution and beautifully articulated comments.

I am pleased that we have connected if only for a brief...but important sharing.

Your writing style is exemplary of a thinking person...fair and compassionate as well.

You are appreciated.

Sincerely

Carolyn

Apachewoman, while certainly not 'local', there are many choices in Guadalajara.  One is called Glacial Autoconfort, AKA: Glacial Automotriz, located on Av. Agustin Yanez no. 2222, just west of Av. Mariano Ortero, south of Av Ninos Heroes, one mile west of Calz. Federalismo Sur.

They specialize in air conditioning service, which is usually done while you wait.  I've used them several times over the years with all the proper results.

I contacted Camerena Refrigeracion in Jocotepec/appointment set at 9:00 a.m. and troublesome air conditioner system was repaired

by technically trained person by 5:00 p.m. the same day.  Reasonable price for repairing a main component of the system.  Delivery

from their Ajijic location to my home near Jocotepec.  English spoken at both Joco and Ajijic locations.

Factura and warranty.

Ask for Vincent at Jocotepec location. Speaks Spanish and TECHNOLOGY of air conditioning!

Thanks to all who offered me assistance.

Apachewoman

Archived