Chapala.com Webboard

lighting pilot, de Longhi portable gas heater

Lexy

On most of these appliances there is a knob at the side that serves as a automatic ignition  switch......press the knob in and twist, you should hear a clicking sound.... this will first light the pilot...... then by rotating the knob, will bring on the main heating  "bars". Most times you can have 1,2 or 3 bars going depending on the knobs position 

turn on the gas

hold down the black safety button. hold for a moment after heater ignites

press the red igniter, press again if flame doesn't come on in front of the middle ceramic

adjust dial for desired 1, 2, or three heating ceramics. We leave ours on the lowest setting which produces alot of heat

turn off the gas to shut down

make sure you have an air source like a fireplace or slightly open window

Lakeside 7--Thanks but doing what is usual to get thing started isn't working. I need experienced help. It flames up sometimes but then no pilot light comes on. Might need to ignite pilot light manually. I did see a short video on how to do this but now can not find it. Travis, good idea, I'll try my gas guy. Problem is, I'm often not home--have husband ill in local care facility following surgery. So wanted a guy I could set a time with to come help. Very cold in house and this thing used to be great. (Harry, my heater not like yours, but thanks.)

Lexy

Archived