Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Cops Lead By Example

Not a cheap shot at all. Bikers, cops or not, have laws. And really, no one around here wants to steal a transito or cop bike. First, they'd have to have a van or truck, because bikes have head locks, and some have key chips. Second, in broad daylight with a truck in front of that much food traffic? Third, from a cop, who has many "friends"? Nope. Pure laziness on their part. But that is not atypical.

We have an exclusive handicapped a place in front of our house and I can't tell you how many times we have returned home to find someone in our space...for which we have a permit from the city of Chapala and the state!  One man even challenged me as to whether I had the proper documents and then told me the were fake!!!

It will be interesting to see if the transition enforce this type of parking.....

Why not put the photo on the Chapala site? if you have a legal spot with proof that the annual fee is paid and the spot marked with the date and ordinance number that it is based on, just call a tow company and have the car towed. They won't do it again!

1 hour ago, HarryB said:

Why not put the photo on the Chapala site? if you have a legal spot with proof that the annual fee is paid and the spot marked with the date and ordinance number that it is based on, just call a tow company and have the car towed. They won't do it again!

What Chapala site?

Great story in the Reporter today about Chapala starting to enforce annual payments of permits, which often don't get paid, and more importantly the removal of buckets, cones and chairs from in front of houses and businesses. We'll see how long it sticks. Because right now, if you move a bucket to park, chances are your car will be keyed by the time you get back to it.

7 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Great story in the Reporter today about Chapala starting to enforce annual payments of permits, which often don't get paid, and more importantly the removal of buckets, cones and chairs from in front of houses and businesses. We'll see how long it sticks. Because right now, if you move a bucket to park, chances are your car will be keyed by the time you get back to it.

However, as usual, only in Chapala itself according to the story.  

Harry...my neighbor called the number given to me by Vial....they referred him to another number ,who referred him to yet another number which didn't answer.  About half an hour later he came to my door to say the grua was on the way.  Over 2 hr later the owner came, (ran), jumped in his vehicle and took off.  From what I could see, he appeared to be wearing some sort of uniform shirt (transito?).....truck never showed up.  Sigh....

The english speaking police numbers are police----33 21 61 5903, municipal transito heraldo 33 15 66 3440. They should be working. Let me know if not,

Willie were either of these the number you called?

I find it appalling and unprofessional for cops to disrespect handicapped parking. But I also find it appalling to expect that those same norms and etiquette that is practiced in the north of the border society to be observed to an equal degree in a developing society.  Unfortunately, on many issues, México is not on the same playing field as the USA and Denmark.  That is why it is considered still a developing country.  (And also, on one level, why we are all down here.)  Don't worry guys, México will catch up.  Just give it time.  And please don't expect it to behave like where you may of come from, because it ain't gonna happen, at least not in our lifetimes, so accept and conform!  Or spend your final days complaining and miserable, your choice.

1 minute ago, HarryB said:

I believe the Chapala facebook page is up and running. The picture could also be dropped off at the police station for the "Director"

I don't do facebook but would email it if I had the name and address to do so. Why not pass it on via facebook, Harry?

Archived