Chapala.com Webboard

Dump in La Canacinta

HarryB

Hector met with the Ecology director today. He says the general garbage was dumped by the previous admin. He will have it buried and fumigate for the rats and only dump green trash. If the rat problem doesn't end I'd like to know

This sounds like a good idea, but the dumps and dumpsters are experiencing unprecedent levels of fires, caused by exploding batteries used in laptops, phones, etc. If there is combustible material on top - this would create a major, long lasting fire.

https://science.slashdot.org/story/18/09/12/163234/the-explosive-problem-with-recycling-phones-tablets-and-other-gadgets-they-literally-catch-fire

12 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

This sounds like a good idea, but the dumps and dumpsters are experiencing unprecedent levels of fires, caused by exploding batteries used in laptops, phones, etc. If there is combustible material on top - this would create a major, long lasting fire.

https://science.slashdot.org/story/18/09/12/163234/the-explosive-problem-with-recycling-phones-tablets-and-other-gadgets-they-literally-catch-fire

'IF' only the powers that be would find a way to properly dispose of these batteries drives etc, or offer a refund. It would be a win, win for all.

Plan B: offer an incentive to return the devices when you purchase a new phone , computer, etc. For the other stuff either monetary compensation, movie tickets, so long as it will bring the masses to willingly return them.

13 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Out of curiosity, since I live in La Canacinta, where is the dump?

The cemetery on Cerro Colorado  the 3 bodies that were buried there were moved and the municipality started using it as a dump . They say they will sort and clean out the mixed garbage and from now on will only dump green garbage. I am told the Rat problem is temporary and I should deal with it.

Sue, they are going to fumigate. If it doesn't much better real fast I want to know and I'll butt some heads. People watch your dogs. Don't let them eat any rats. Cats too.

Archived