Chapala.com Webboard

Rain

cedros

Simply put, a strong cold front with a lot of tropical moisture coming up from the south from a tropical depression there.  The front is moving west to east while the depression is moving NW and the moisture is getting caught up in the front.  Looks like the front has cleared PV but we have a ways to go.

From the satellite views it looks like the rain could be heavier south and east of here, right on top of the lake's primary watershed.  Will be interesting to see how much more rise we get from this.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/mx/ajijic/IJALISCO65?cm_ven=localwx_hour

This is the weather site that has been the most accurate for me. My rain gauge is still out, so I'll let you know how much when the rain stops around 6 am tomorrow.

As of five minutes ago at 10:30, my rain gauge (in lower Riberas) is only showing 1.8 inches.... and it's been raining forever. I think I prefer the two hour gully washers that deliver the same amount in less time.

Cedros:

these are pictures from Ventusky  from yesterday and today that will give you an idea what is happening..:

It is a good program for general pictures of what is happening (weather ) on this planet.

I think it was developed by couple of Czech meteorologists and I found it pretty  clever.

weather map.png

weather map1.jpg

Archived