Chapala.com Webboard

Huge changes at Bancomer

ea93105

A large transfer thru transferwise will set in place some red flags so you can expect a request for further documentation to verify.  This process may take a week or more. With large transfers I do not know the dollar amount threshold that will trigger the review process.  In my case I had to provide bank statements and legal documents that confirmed the source of the funds that I had moved from Mexico to the US in September.  I also had to provide a current valid foto ID with my US address.  My transfer last week was to move the funds from the US to Mexico.  This transaction is under review.

Also, if you choose to repeatedly cancel  TW transactions then you will be locked out after the third cancellation.  You must complete the 4th transaction.  This is to discourage exchange rate shopping.  The rates on the TW site generally fluctuate every 10 to 15 seconds.  I have not experienced this but was told that is the policy.

They have good customer service.

To recap, the second funds transfer from Transferwise came thru today after 10 days while they sorted thru the docs I sent them.  Christmas holidays slowed it down a bit.   The first transfer came thru in 48 hours but the amount was less than 1000 USD.  The sticking point with the larger transaction was proof of US residency.  Current valid photo ID with address matching US bank account statement required.  Driver's license worked for me.

Proof of residency was not an issue with the smaller transaction.  Great company with good customer service. 

Archived