Chapala.com Webboard

Why was Estillo thread locked ?

ea93105

And also look at rule 2 I copied below. I made a copy of several of the  rules written several topics above this post. Here is a partial copy

1. Do not question or attack moderation on a public thread. Complaints about moderation should go to the moderator in question or to Admin Chapala.

2. If you have a negative experience with a local business or professional, do not post the name of same directly but advise readers to PM you for that information.

1 minute ago, johanson said:

And also look at rule 2 I copied below. I made a copy of several of the  rules written several topics above this post. Here is a partial copy

1. Do not question or attack moderation on a public thread. Complaints about moderation should go to the moderator in question or to Admin Chapala.

2. If you have a negative experience with a local business or professional, do not post the name of same directly but advise readers to PM you for that information.

Aha

So if we want to warn of a bad experience with a business, we have to  start a thread something like " beware of "can't say the name" business , pm me for info" ? 

Seems whacky, but oh well

13 minutes ago, johanson said:

I have to admit I am a little confused too.  Sometimes though, these warnings get very very negative and probably should be banned.

Maybe we can get a little guidance from the mods on what to do when you have a really bad experience at a business and would like to warn others? I'm thinking that if the title hadn't begun with "beware" and the OP had simply told about the experience as it happened, it might have passed muster as would the other bad experiences.  Maybe, maybe not, so ???

16 hours ago, ea93105 said:

"beware Juniors body shop"

Very recent

14 hours ago, Xena said:

I don’t think it was the OP that was the problem so much as how the thread devolved into repetitive personal bickering. 

He called me a fat_ _ _. I’m hoping that was why. He called the other person a fruitcake. I think that qualifies for a reason. If it was me the OP. I’m sorry, but I’m tired of getting ripped off and lied to.i will not put beware or say the shops name. But he was getting violent with me at his shop. And he knew I was battleing with cancer. I’m not sure how he knew. But he made fun of me because of it.

16 hours ago, gringal said:

Read the last post in the thread. I'm guessing that it violated the forum rule of staying civil and avoiding getting personal"   Eh?

Archived