Chapala.com Webboard

Los 5 Potrillos under New Management!

Sea

If a group got together and made a reservation for a Sunday brunch gathering, as used to happen often, it would help them get off the ground and be prepared for a crowd. Those five foals need raising and stroking to become good, strong performers. Help them along.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another very enjoyable meal at Los Cinco Potrillos. My arachera was cooked to perfection as well as the shrimp parillada and burritos the other ladies were served. Excellent food and excellent service! This visit included four in our party for a private birthday celebration. A surprise tres leche birthday cake was ordered a couple of days before and it was made to perfection by Salvadore. Salvadore had even personalized the cake with beautiful roses and a Happy Birthday inscription on it. When the cake was brought to our table, a recorded Happy Birthday song started playing which really surprised us all. What a nice touch. Definitely worth the trip from Jocotepec.

• Like 1

Had lunch there a week or so ago and it was delicious. One of our favorite meals in the last few months! We will definitely go back soon and often.

We are going to give the Sunday buffet a try and will report back. Nice folks and really hope they have great success.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So sad to tell you all that Salvatore left and is no longer managing Cinco Potrillos. As happens to so many of our favorites here, the lease was raised and he couldn't afford it.

So .. that's all folks. He was the brains, energy, cooked...he also had a relative helping with the cooking... but it's all gone. When we checked, he doesn't have any prospects of opening a new place. Confirmed today that he's not there anymore.

He really appreciated the people who dropped in from this forum. I don't have any good news to give you.

11 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

That is just sad.

7 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Oh, damn!  :(

I know. When I wrote my post,  I had to edit out all the "so sad's".  It bordered on depressingly drippy.

• 5 months later...