Chapala.com Webboard

HemoDialysis

Zeb

A friend’s mother used to visit Ajijic from The States for a few months each year and had her dialysis done at the clinic in Jocotepec without any problems. I believe there is also a clinic in Chapala that has recently started offering dialysis. In addition, check with Maskaras Clinic, as I think they may also be offering dialysis when the new hospital in Riberas opens in the first half of 2019, hopefully.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:00 PM, lakeside7 said:

I would have thought your primary care doctor would have all the details etc....or not?

We are getting our info from the Nephrologist who is not local.  We do go to a Primary care doctor for one purpose only and trust it for absolutely nothing else.

The problem with kidney disease is that  even nephrologist do not agree on the path to take.. It is tough to have the other doctors or dentist to think about kidney disease before prescribing drugs. My husband has problems with his kidneys and we check all drugs prescribed with  2 nephrologists and as I say they do not always agree. Even the dentists have to be watched  has any drug administered has to be checked  for their effect on kidneys..

You are right Zeb not to trust any doctor...

Archived