Chapala.com Webboard

Now I've Seen it All...........

Guiness

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's kinda like bangin' your head against a brick wall. I actually don't care one way or another. But, I also consider being served a meal at a table to be "full service" so, imho, the entire establishment is a service area. The food court at the Laguna Mall is not full service. YMMV.

My "Miss Virginia" is not at all amused by this discussion

Talking about anxiety .

Just look at the people with these little dogs. People love  them so much that they cannot leave them home alone.  Dogs develop insecurity and  anxiety being alone.  The owner does not do the dog any favour to take them everywhere all the time. Dogs are very loyal and it is good to TRAIN them that it is OK to leave them alone for short period of time. A dog and his (hers) owner will develop healthier relation. Both will be living with less anxiety in their life and the owner will be able to  visit a doctor without being worried about their pet being home alone..

Sometimes I feel very sorry for these little critters.

1 minute ago, Islander said:

Talking about anxiety .

Just look at the people with these little dogs. People love  them so much that they cannot leave them home alone.  Dogs develop insecurity and  anxiety being alone.  The owner does not do the dog any favour to take them everywhere all the time. Dogs are very loyal and it is good to TRAIN them that it is OK to leave them alone for short period of time. A dog and his (hers) owner will develop healthier relation. Both will be living with less anxiety in their life and the owner will be able to  visit a doctor without being worried about their pet being home alone..

Now you tell me

On 11/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, sue said:

Wow amazing what people get away with saying I have never refused to allow someone to adopt a cat  or extorted monies from them I do not believe in mutilating an animal by declawing but I do know there are situations where there is no choice.  We do not give out our kittens for free but I am surprised that you considered our 150 Peso fee as a bundle.

I said the vet required me to pay a premium to do something he doesn't ordinarily do.  I recall it was 5 cat spays per procedure for our cats.  Two back then and one since then. Not an onerous amount but it was very difficult to get him to do the declawing and he refused until we had a letter in spanish from husbands family NoB vet office of more than 40 years explaining the variety and number of animals under the family care over decades.  

As for dogs I did sit near three dogs with four people just recently because they had finished their meal and were awaiting the check.  However once that was taken care of the pulled out a game and proceeded to settle in for the afternoon.  Now we have payed cards with another couple at a restaurant on a quiet and non-busy Sunday afternoon making sure to continue to purchase beverages after a hearty lunch but not for a couple hours with dogs in tow.  I learned and I won't be so foolish again.

I have a couple leads and harnesses for cats for travelling.  I wonder if I can teach them to take walks and go to restaurants.  It would be an interesting exercise.

9 hours ago, Rony said:

While in many European countries thousands, if not millions of people, are dying in the streets of all kinds of diseases, caused by dogs in restaurants and on trains there, I also have to assume that you dont eat at your houses, with your dogs living there.

And let us not even mention, (talking about the law) dozens of restaurants in colonia Americana in Guadalajara and La Condesa in DF, with huge signs "dogs welcome " and even dog food bowls.  They must have an ambulance ready to take sick customers to the hospital  ....

You are over focussing on the wrong enemy, when eating out.  During the night all kinds of "wildlife" turn empty restaurants into a feast and leave body secrements all over the place, but oh no.....there is a little dog under the table.

You "think" you have seen it all" .....   It is a lot worse, mein Schatz.

Rony

Rony do you have any idea why there are more people suffering from Anxiety,  particularly in Mexico which is supposedly a less stressful place to live..If you can identify a  cause maybe we can resolve the issue and let tne animals stay in their natural environment. Why not start a rumor..eat more chocolate and be happy 

Having owned restaurants in Oklahoma for 25 years I thought some of you might be interested in the regulations about animals there.  I believe most states have similar regulations.  I quote "live animals may not be allowed on the premises of a food establishment".  There is an exception for service dogs but in 25 years I only saw 2 service dogs enter a restaurant.  Also you may take live animals to an unenclosed outside dining area but the animal cannot enter the food premise to get there.  In other words there must be an outside entrance and exit for the animal.  Also no food can be prepared or drinks mixed in the outside area.  Other words a restaurant like Huerta could not exist if they allowed pets.

4 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Rony do you have any idea why there are more people suffering from Anxiety,  particularly in Mexico which is supposedly a less stressful place to live..If you can identify a  cause maybe we can resolve the issue and let tne animals stay in their natural environment. Why not start a rumor..eat more chocolate and be happy 

Anxiety as a medical condition is very different from "I am stressed over my Spanish class".  It is more like clinical depression where the causes make little or no sense to the rest of us.

12 hours ago, Islander said:

Talking about anxiety .

If I were a dog, I'd wonder why my owners tortured me by bringing me to a restaurant where I could smell all these delicious food odors but wasn't allowed to eat. (oh, right, I forgot, these people take food off their plate and feed it to the dog under the table)

You're right, Islander, the dogs would actually be happier to stay home if they weren't forced to constantly accompany their owners everywhere (and yes, they are dog owners, not the dogs' Mommy or Daddy, who I'm sure had 4 legs and a tail) due to the owners' need to have Fifi with them 24/7, as if the dog was a human infant. I've heard so many of these types of dog owners talk about their dog's "separation anxiety". It's the owners who have the separation anxiety and they then instill it in the dog.

I'm a dog owner myself, and I certainly love my dog. I take my dog with me to places which are appropriate- the beach, a walk up the river bed, to friend's homes where I know she's welcome. Not to anyone's home, unless I ask first if it's okay, not to restaurants, not to parties. She lays on the floor, on her mat, on the grass in the yard, not on the sofa or the bed. And she gets fed in her bowl, not off the table. Because she's a DOG, not a human.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Xena said:

Sure, I’ll step in the hornets’ nest.

This anxiety “service” dog charade has gone on long enough. How many people do you believe absolutely can not go out in public without a dog with them vs how many spoiled, entitled people want to prove how very special they are by inflicting their untrained, pampered pooch on the rest of us? It is the latest gimmick to prove specialness. Dogs very much can help people feel more calm and secure in general. The number of people who can’t get their teeth cleaned without their dog in their lap is minuscule. Guiness has every right to not want a medical procedure done in a room just occupied by a dog. If a dentist wishes to indulge her patients’ quirks she would be wise to schedule them last and not have other patients coming in after. What if the next patient has a dog phobia or is aIllergic to them?  

While I absolutely understand and respect your views, I'm willing to bet that Dra. Candy will gain more clients than lose following this posting.

16 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

A little research uncovers methods to countercondition a dog's separation anxiety, and if these are never attempted, then the animal's guardian must accept the blame... same as any family member.

It's refreshing to read the latest posts coming from reason.  Training your dog?  What a concept  !!😉

37 minutes ago, Tingting said:

While I absolutely understand and respect your views, I'm willing to bet that Dra. Candy will gain more clients than lose following this posting.

Since she is not my dentist I don’t care if she has ponies in her exam rooms. I think it would be wonderful if she builds a whole practice on catering to the needs of all the Very Special Delicate Flowers lakeside and keeps them away from everyone else. 

It is a free world if Dra Candy wants to cater with people with their pets she can.. I can also go to a dentist who has other priorities so everyone can live happily forever after.. I have 5 dogs  once of them with severe separation anxiety so maybe I should bring the 5 in.. 

Computer guys you are welcome to try to calm down my anxious pooch, I would love to see how you do it.. He is a serious case and nothing has worked with him so far..and no I do not bring him to restaurants or to doctors or dentists no matter what his problem is.

I have a recurring, terrible mouth infection thanks to an :() dentist in Mirasol. The dentist just was not careful enough with cleanliness and sterilization. Who knows if any dogs were in there, but dogs certainly carry all kinds of crap in their dander... let's just say there was no dog, and still I got the infection. Another dentist, told about this, mentioned that the one I went to was well-known for a lack of care. This dentist covers everything in her theatre with plastics and preventive coverings, including little finger protectors.

Literacy is much more than just reading the words. I am sure that comprehension is included in the practical definition. But then, there is the 'not wanting to understand' factor, which seems evident in certain postings.  🙄

On 11/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, gringohombre said:

I have had dogs most of my life...3 now, all rescued street dogs and they are indoor/outdoor and never have sh** in my house. Maybe you should adopt one to see how smart and clean they actuality are. You might be surprised. By the way I myself would never take my dog to a restaurant but the last time I checked this is still a free country and if a restaurateur wants to allow dogs, so be it. As I said before it is very simple, if you are that concerned to simply pick up the phone and call any public place that you might be wanting to visit and simply ask "do you allow dogs?"

You know, I have had over 20 rescue dogs here since living here.  I know all about dogs.  All I am saying is "if I wanted to have a dental procedure done in a doggie environment, I'd have had it done at my vet's office and payed alot less!!  

13 minutes ago, Guiness said:

You know, I have had over 20 rescue dogs here since living here.  I know all about dogs.  All I am saying is "if I wanted to have a dental procedure done in a doggie environment, I'd have had it done at my vet's office and payed alot less!!  

WHAAAAAAT????

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, rafterbr said:

I have given up on this subject.  It is virtually impossible to go in any restaurant in the Lake Chapala area and not find some one there with their pero.  What makes it worse is they are usually hand feeding the pero from their plate.  I have made my views known on the subject and a few weeks ago I had a new side walk poured.  When I went to check how it had dried I found someone had walked their pero down the middle of it.. I wish some restaurants would post signs that no peros were allowed.  I would certainly frequent them.  

Dogs may be well groomed but to have a dog where I am eating, I find it disrespectful. Blind guide dogs the exception,  But someone brought into the restaurant two large shepherds. It was fortunate I was about to leave soon, when the dogs shook themselves, hair everywhere. So the dogs do not necessarily have to be at another table. Who wants dog hair in their salad?. 

Without any great effort I can think of restaurants with Peacocks, others with varied fowl, a donkey, cats and several where the owners dogs  run wild.

Mexico might have laws covering such crimes but what most of us have learnt most crime are neither reported or prosecuted so we have a choice either use the (few) establishments   which uphold the law or not. 

Shouting here will not change the situation.

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

There is no exception to the law for groomed animals.

Nobody has clarified what THE LAW is. Someone posted the supposed law that said dogs and various animals were not allowed in the service area: in other words the food preparation area where customers are not allowed. If the law said that dogs and other animals were not allowed in RESTAURANTS (period, full stop) this would be another matter. Until this point is clarified we are all beating our chops and this could go on forever. 

Archived