Chapala.com Webboard

Names Now Associated with the "Like" button

RickS

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Gringal, There is nothing “technical” about the definition. I think the problem is it does not fit with what you decided it means to you. That does not change reality. I know the difference between Chapala.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. They are different from each other, but they are all social media. You are incorrect when you say you are not on any social media. But if you need to be right you can continue to say that here on this computer-mediated technology that facilitates you sharing information, ideas, and other forms of expression via this virtual community. 

I replied to this already, above : you get to be right.  Why are you continuing? 

If you want to see my statement about not participating in social media beaten into the ground, fine.  Statement revised for your pleasure:  "I am not on Facebook, Twitter, and similar social media. I do participate in two local web boards".  Does that do it for you?

Enough, already. 👎

38 minutes ago, gringal said:

I replied to this already, above : you get to be right.  Why are you continuing? 

If you want to see my statement about not participating in social media beaten into the ground, fine.  Statement revised for your pleasure:  "I am not on Facebook, Twitter, and similar social media. I do participate in two local web boards".  Does that do it for you?

Enough, already. 👎

You are making it more complicated than it needs to be. “I do not participate in social media except for a local web board” is simple and accurate. Now, I am finished.

1 hour ago, barbara habacht said:

"SILLY"....you mean like posting just to see how many posts you can put up? I've actually stopped eating or avoided eating at places that you pitch.

Fred Habacht

You've quite a way you're keeping this civil and non-personal.

Have  you considered simply not reading my posts?

1 hour ago, barbara habacht said:

"SILLY"....you mean like posting just to see how many posts you can put up? I've actually stopped eating or avoided eating at places that you pitch.

Fred Habacht

Classy Fred.  We just won't say which class.  :D

Gringal you are my favorite restaurant reviewer.  Pay the snarkiness no mind and keep up the good work :) 

3 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Classy Fred.  We just won't say which class.  :D

Gringal you are my favorite restaurant reviewer.  Pay the snarkiness no mind and keep up the good work :) 

Thanks for that. 

If I find a particularly good new restaurant, maybe I'll just post "PM me for the name of a great new restaurant".😊

I got lost half way through the thread. But back to the post on the icons, I put my vote down as a big Yes on name identification on the "sad" and "confused" ones. Either identify or delete the icons entirely, which would be fine also.

In the past, I've seen too many comments marked sad or confused when it had nothing to do with the content. Seems to be more of a passive aggressive outlet for people who don't like the poster.

I am, of course, sad and confused.

Actually some time  back the name ID did appear along with the icons. I liked it. Then with various work done on this website, the persoalized ID icons disappeared and we got just the icons. I'm glad to see the matching IDs back.

Don't most of us know where each of us stands politically by now with or without the IDs attached to certain opinions? And don't we recall when a certain person was in a position to abuse his priveleged position? Of course we do and complaints pored in.

It's all better now. Let's keep the IDed icons.

Lexy

Maybe they should add a "hate you in general" button for use by stalkers, who click the negative icon no matter what subject you're posting on.  🙄  (one of those happened on the current ASA art show announcement). Are we seeing childish, or what?😁

IMHO, if we have an opinion, we should post it.  I'm in favor of NO icons or identifying handles.

Archived