Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer OnLine Changes?

mkshawn

After 10yrs suddenly I can not access my on line account?

We are still using the debit card without issue, so

On inputting my card number repeatedly I get to a registration page with the following:

Before choosing your profile and continue with the activation of your Internet Banking, it is necessary that you have signed your Digital Single Contract in branch.

Yes I know just go to the bank complete with all credentials? I gained access 4/5 weeks ago from Canada but had to use the  number generator

There have been many changes to the Bancomer portal over the years. In general they have made banking more secure but at times it can be a PIA to get things set up. 

You must have a token device in order to access your account online. I think I was on my 3rd one when they began offering online access using the Bancomer Móvil app on your iPhone or Android device. That app makes it extremely easy to access your account using a 6 digit pin number and once in the app you can transfer money to other people as well as make payments like insurance premiums. 

There really isn't any other choice than to take all of your stuff and talk to someone at the bank. 

I think most (all?) banks are doing that now. I just had to do the same with HSBC in San Antonio. Now my Canadian HSBC wants me to do the same but I haven't figured out how yet. I have 25 days to do it or I will no longer have access.

18 hours ago, bmh said:

You do not need a physical token anymore with the phone app. They just set me up last week on it as my token did not work anylonger.

I was reluctant to download the phone app--one more hassle with the phone, the bank, etc--but I was hugely surprised to discover that it makes banking with Bancomer as easy as entering my password and boom, access to everything: account balance, money movement, bank statements, everything.  The Bancomer website has always been a PITA and now there's no need to fight with it.  And PS I've been a Bancomer client for over 20 years and have never had a token.

I felt the same way and waited until my netkey refused to work to put the app on the phone, went to the bank where they set me up and it is a great way to bank.. no regrets.

I am away for long periods of time from one place or another and the netkey was a good way to pay people when I was out of the country or travelling but the phone app is way superior, no doubt about that.

Also a long time client of Bancomer and never had a token. The mobile app is great, but I also still use the website, particularly to program bill payments for future dates. Upon log in, the website sometimes asks for a random code that must be obtained from the mobile app, but not always. 

Archived