Chapala.com Webboard

Help for hurricane victims in Nayarit"

HarryB

The municipality is collecting non perishable items for the hurricane victims of Willa in Nayarit" . Suggestions were water and canned tuna. Donations can be dropped off at the Delegation on the plaza in Ajijic.

Harry, I think you mean "Nayarit" -- possibly Puerto Vallarta?

Wouldn't it make sense to park a truck in the WalMart parking lot (or on the side access road to that) at specified times so that people could lift things from their car directly to the truck? I can't imagine unloading water or cases of tuna at the Delegado's office--and if you stick to that plan, maybe you could specify where this is and where to park for unloading.

For those of us who don't tote large bottles or cases of water easily, is it possible to set up an arrangement for cash donations toward this effort?

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

Nayarit is the State to the north of Jalisco on the coast.  It is a large State and you drive through a piece of it when you drive to PV

Of course. But where is Niarette?

Thank you for the spelling correction . I knew I was skating on thin ice, but, my spellcheck only came up with Nicorette and I knew that wasn't right. The delegation is on the south west corner of the Ajijic plaza and the cops will carry any donations in for you. Park on the corner opposite the delegation.

5 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Harry, I think you mean "Nayarit" -- possibly Puerto Vallarta?

Wouldn't it make sense to park a truck in the WalMart parking lot (or on the side access road to that) at specified times so that people could lift things from their car directly to the truck? I can't imagine unloading water or cases of tuna at the Delegado's office--and if you stick to that plan, maybe you could specify where this is and where to park for unloading.

For those of us who don't tote large bottles or cases of water easily, is it possible to set up an arrangement for cash donations toward this effort?

There was no hurricane damage in Puerto Vallarta. The damage and flooding were quite a bit farther north in Nayarit.

There are many Charitable Bazaars on the Carretera throughout  Lakeside. Many of those would be willing to set up a box and receive donations. They all have parking and it gets people into their Bazaar and who knows some are going to buy something.

We need to get away from the concept that everyone in Ajijic is living in Centro and has easy access to the Delegation. It is called "thinking outside the box".

Pass that on to the Municipality and to Hector, Harry. I am sure there are people who are prepared to visit some of those Bazaars and propose such an arrangement.

The easier it is for people to make a donation the more donations you will get.All the bazaars have Facebook and can advertise there to their members. It is good for business.

I will tell Juan Ramon about the Bazaar idea this morning and also Ponchos. Thanks for your good ideas.

I talked with juan Ramon and he agreed. We are going to ask the Bazaar in Riberas next to Have Hammers as we are somewhat connected through Rotary,

• HarryB changed the title to Help for hurricane victims in Nayarit"

Sorry, I am working on so many issues, sometimes i mix up my crusades.

Effective monday there will be a box at Have Hammers in Riberas for donations. I am told that they are open from 9ish to 4 ish. There is parking. I can't do more Bazaars. I am dancing as fast as I can.

1 hour ago, HarryB said:

Sorry, I am working on so many issues, sometimes i mix up my crusades.

Effective monday there will be a box at Have Hammers in Riberas for donations. I am told that they are open from 9ish to 4 ish. There is parking. I can't do more Bazaars. I am dancing as fast as I can.

It is amusing when people come up with projects for others to do or suggest “improvements” for the work others are doing. “Let’s you and him get this project done right,” they say. 

Archived