Chapala.com Webboard

Zoning approved for construction on Tepalo and LOTS more

Taaffe

RV I doubt that all the approvals of the various project were part of that scenario.. It was said somewhere that some of the approvals were done last november and some others at other time. Let's keep it simple without putting the cartels into it.. I bet you it all come down to someone paying off someone else without the plomo involved.. You do not need the plomo in this case if you have the plata.

Harry has a very good point, why would the new administration start doing all this work if no one cares.. Are they gong to go against one of the regidores if they do not have to? I do not think so.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RV I doubt that all the approvals of the various project were part of that scenario.. It was said somewhere that some of the approvals were done last november and some others at other time. Let's keep it simple without putting the cartels into it.. I bet you it all come down to someone paying off someone else without the plomo involved.. You do not need the plomo in this case if you have the plata.

Harry has a very good point, why would the new administration start doing all this work if no one cares.. Are they gong to go against one of the regidores if they do not have to? I do not think so.

40 minutes ago, bmh said:

How about because it is the right thing to do and they claim to be reformers dedicated to cleaning up the mess that is the Chapala government?

If we have to brow beat them to set aside an illegal zoning change I don't view this as positive or indicative of true reform.  For them, doing this on their own would send a very powerful message to the corrupt ones here. 

This does not mean a zoning change reviewed and approved under open and properly legal procedures would not be approved.  We all need to remember that.  We already have people cutting roads into steep hillsides and building on them above the libremiento.  That sets a precedent.

Doing nothing sends the "business as usual" message IMO.

Can someone confirm Date Time Location of meeting(s) open to the Public?

On 11/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, Taaffe said:

There will be a town meeting 9 December at the cultural center at 6 pm to inform the public of what steps we will take to stop these developments that will bring nothing but chaos and destruction to our small town.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:06 PM, Taaffe said:

from the expat organizing committee:

Dear Lakeside Expat Friend/s,
The meeting is slated for Saturday, December 8 (one week from today) at 4:00 pm at the Cultural Center on the Plaza of Ajijic. 

On 12/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, HarryB said:

There is a meeting with Moy at 10 a.m. on wednesday in the old municipal building. All interested parties should attend.

18 hours ago, Taaffe said:

The meeting with Chimalli Axixic is not st 10 but at 11 unless you are talking about another meting.

Mainecoons it would be true in the US.. Here not so much,  Degollado is part of the council and the Presidente is not going to start going against him unless he has the support of the people of Ajijic and I am not so sure he does.. the general population is not that excited about the construction, is poorly informed and have the ..a ver  attitude, unless they put pressure on the presidente nothing will happen and yes it will be business as usual.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Mainecoons it would be true in the US.. Here not so much,  Degollado is part of the council and the Presidente is not going to start going against him unless he has the support of the people of Ajijic and I am not so sure he does.. the general population is not that excited about the construction, is poorly informed and have the ..a ver  attitude, unless they put pressure on the presidente nothing will happen and yes it will be business as usual.

We have over a thousand signatures from last month and it was a spontaneous meeting, so I would say that the town is Very concerned.

this Saturday’s mtng at 4 in the plaza will mostly be to show the evidence and squash the idea that it’s a rumor.

Doña Cuca will announce it in her truck 

i hope to see many if you there. Please feel free to share in tob.

40 minutes ago, Taaffe said:
41 minutes ago, Taaffe said:

We have over a thousand signatures from last month and it was a spontaneous meeting, so I would say that the town is Very concerned.

this Saturday’s mtng at 4 in the plaza will mostly be to show the evidence and squash the idea that it’s a rumor.

Doña Cuca will announce it in her truck 

i hope to see many if you there. Please feel free to share in tob.

That is a good start. What % is gringo vis local Mexican citizens 

This is what Tépalo looks like during the rainy season for those who've never been. (I did not take the photos, but I've been there.) I live directly below the trailhead in Central Ajijic and see a constant parade of people going up and coming down the mountains. This area and these trails leading to water falls are used all the time by locals, both Mexican and foreign, and also attract visitors from all over, Guadalajara and beyond. Tépalo is a local natural treasure appreciated by many.

If you care about preserving Tépalo go to the meeting on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 4pm in the Ajijic Cultural Center. If you care about protecting the area but can't go to the meeting, consider making a donation to the grassroots group trying to stop the development.

It really is that simple. Democracy doesn't work without responsible participation. Anything less than that is just noise, finger pointing and playing the blame game.

Tepalo2.jpg

Tepalo copy 2.png

On 11/25/2018 at 5:45 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Another new MLS listing aimed at developers: 12,111 sq. meters (3 acres) in Rancho del Oro.   Asking price just under $1 million USD.

http://www.chapalamls.net/properties/recently-added/lot-corralito-3953

Right to the right of my house. I knew it was coming.....does anyone know the  height restrictions on homes built?

All meetings with the Presidente were cancelled today. He and all mayors were summoned to Mexico City for a security meeting. Guess how many showed up for the 10 a.m. meeting; Me and Rene Guzman. The folks at Riviera Alta will love the construction trucks roaring by, not to mention the landslides. 

On 12/2/2018 at 2:18 PM, lakeside7 said:

So no person group, committed  wants to be identified on this threatening  poster..beware of Lakesiders with pitchforks  and muskets

On 12/2/2018 at 8:59 PM, lakeside7 said:

So when most posters  are printed the name of the person or group are identified...The wording is also threatening 

On 12/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, HarryB said:

i believe that these changes were made in the last days of the Degollado admin. They were not done according to law. However, if the public doesn't doesn't object in force, why should the new admin go through the effort and expense of correcting what has been done? Oh , i forgot, many are too lazy to get off their asses to do anything other than bitch on a web board; even for their own good,

On 12/2/2018 at 8:59 PM, lakeside7 said:

So when most posters  are printed the name of the person or group are identified...The wording is also threatening 

Good.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:17 AM, HarryB said:

it seems that there were a number of end of the road deals made by the degollado admin besides the La Floresta tower. The condos on Independencia, the apartments on Hidalgo, assumed condos on Ocampo Privada and more I don't know about.

There are plans for a garbage dump in la Canacinta . Residents have been informed and are starting protest petitions.

Reference to condos on P. Ocampo - fact or speculation?

Harry, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the approval for the La Floresta high rises actually at the end of the government before Degollado? 

Of course we all witnessed the Degollado administration do everything they could to keep the project going even to the point of trying to ignore court orders directing them to shut it down.  But my recollection is they didn't approve it, Huerta's government did.

Clearly there is good money in approving bad developments.  :D

8 hours ago, HarryB said:

All meetings with the Presidente were cancelled today. He and all mayors were summoned to Mexico City for a security meeting. Guess how many showed up for the 10 a.m. meeting; Me and Rene Guzman. The folks at Riviera Alta will love the construction trucks roaring by, not to mention the landslides. 

The Chimalli Axixic group had an appointment  with the presidente at 11 am today and  he didn’t cancel, just didn’t show up. Second time he does this.

The Reporter and other newspapers were there and will report this week. 

The meeting for the public is in the plaza of Ajijic this Saturday at 4 pm.

I hope those interested in more information and joining the group will come.

Archived