Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon delivery drivers stealing

just wanted to warn people about the amazon delivery drivers here. Our complex gardener said he was robbed of his blower he just set down on our corner for just a little bit. He knew I had cameras.we looked at the video, we saw the white amazon van, passenger got out, van turned around at corner, guy hid in my neighbors carport, then came out looked to see if I was looking (they just delivered my package). Then ran back to corner, took the blower, got in the van and booked. We (complex) just bought them the new equipment.

They looked nervous before, I wanted my package, but really I was a little scared to open my door. 2 Young Mexican guys 

We don't let them into our development.  Our guard signs for the package and sends them away,  and then calls us to come and get it at the gate. Perhaps your development would consider doing the same. This also saves you having to open your door to someone you don't know. I hope this was reported to the delivery service they worked for.

Absolutely!  Please report this to Amazon and send them a copy of the video.  This cannot be tolerated!

Valerie

I use Amazon when at my Condo up north in Seattle. Because there are many people there who do as well, we get up to 9 deliveries per day according to the person working at the front desk. And he says there is no one service that delivers the packages, rather there is the Postal Service, UPS, Fed Ex., Amazon delivery, and often guys not in uniform or anything who drive their own cars and drop off packages.

My point?  Apparently Amazon uses all kinds of delivery services in the US and perhaps MX as well, which might make it more difficult to find the guilty person/s  in Mexico as well.

But, by all means, report what happened to Amazon. Just maybe they can do something about this.

19 hours ago, thegogulskis said:

just wanted to warn people about the amazon delivery drivers here. Our complex gardener said he was robbed of his blower he just set down on our corner for just a little bit. He knew I had cameras.we looked at the video, we saw the white amazon van, passenger got out, van turned around at corner, guy hid in my neighbors carport, then came out looked to see if I was looking (they just delivered my package). Then ran back to corner, took the blower, got in the van and booked. We (complex) just bought them the new equipment.

They looked nervous before, I wanted my package, but really I was a little scared to open my door. 2 Young Mexican guys 

Strange as all of our Amazon deliveries (U.S.) are made by DHL which has yellow trucks? 

2 hours ago, canmex87 said:

Strange as all of our Amazon deliveries (U.S.) are made by DHL which has yellow trucks? 

Not in Seattle where as I posted above some come by the UPS ,or DHL, or Fed Ex, etc, etc, etc.

If something is sitting on the curb here, no matter how long, it is assumed it was put out to be "recycled."  We use this assumption all the time to hopefully see things we don't need get put to use by others.  The white trucks here are Amazon, they have their own delivery setup in the ZMG and nearby.  I would file a complaint with them but keep in mind this could have been the usual assumption that if something is sitting out front alone, it is fair game.  Our gardeners know better than to ever leave any tools out front unaccompanied.

Archived