Chapala.com Webboard

Television options

On 11/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Shaw Direct. Canadian satellite. Get an 800 series box, or a used 600 box, and get all those channels and a lot more. People are worried that because they are changing to a newer satellite, which we cannot get in Mexico, that all the channels will disappear. And they will, in a few years.

Note that it is not exactly legal, but it is not exactly illegal, either. Many, many, many people throughout the U.S. and Mexico use the service. You can get details (and warning, it is NOT cheap here for the initial setup) from Ajijic Satellites. Ask for Mike Merryman. 766-3371.

Excellent info Mike....we are returning in Dec. and wondered where this all stood....or if we should bring new boxes down, etc etc...so this helps.  Lets hope it is 'many many more years' before it happens.  Thank you for the update........      Mike Merryman is the man too!!            

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

More ignorance from our expert dinosaur..!

I seem to have stalker. Everytime i advise or offer my services this person puts the laughing icon on my posts. 

This so called "expert" has obviously never tried it otherwise he would just shut up.He is just showing his ignorance again.

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

I seem to have stalker. Everytime i advise or offer my services this person puts the laughing icon on my posts. 

This so called "expert" has obviously never tried it otherwise he would just shut up.He is just showing his ignorance again.

Oh yes. Someone putting a laughing emoticon on your posts is so much more hurtful than you writing, “More ignorance from our expert dinosaur..!“ 🤣

I have had US Dish for about 4 years thru CP Electronics. It uses the 8' dish pointed SW at Sat 119. I have a small dish pointed SE to get Sat 77, which is what Mex Dish uses. If there is interference on 119, it auto switches to 77 and it is all in English, so go figure! I get many channels, I think it is like the US package of America's top 250, plus HBO and network channels from NY area. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, barcelonaman said:

I have used the services of barcelonaman and can highly recommend his time and advice.   Anyone who thinks this service doesn't work is simply uninformed.  I get great tv thanks to him and appreciate his efforts to assist.

I had to wonder why, barcelonaman, did you make comments about dinosaurs, when no one actually said anything negative about your posts?

And now I have to wonder why bartman and wanderer are shilling for you, by pooping on people who don't think your service will work... when no one said anything of the sort. Not the best way to get new customers.

MarkElliot wanted to know contact info for CP Electronics. Charles' phone is 333-817-2744. The website is www.cp-electronics.com. I don't recall how much the 8' dish cost to install. The smaller dish wasn't too much.

Archived