Chapala.com Webboard

Thanksgiving Dinner

TetonClimber

Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings

category on this web board is a great place to follow what is happening in the local Restaurant Scene. I know Elegante has already posted their Thanksgiving Menu there. We at la Terraza are already about 1/2 booked for Nov 22nd and will be publishing our Thanksgiving menu there today as well as on our website http://laterrazaajijic.com/

One of the things we keep hearing from customers is how they love to have us do the dinner but miss having leftovers for a midnight snack or lunch the next day. On Canadian Thanksgiving we started a promotion called "A Sandwich to Go" in which for an extra $100 pesos we made you a Turkey sandwich with gravy, and dressing and cranberry sauce to go. Fantastic Response with about 3/4 of our dinners taking a sandwich box home. We will be doing the same promotion for US Thanksgiving on Nov 22nd

Bobby's Terrace facebook cover v3.jpg

4 minutes ago, LaTerraza said:

Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings

category on this web board is a great place to follow what is happening in the local Restaurant Scene. I know Elegante has already posted their Thanksgiving Menu there. We at la Terraza are already about 1/2 booked for Nov 22nd and will be publishing our Thanksgiving menu there today as well as on our website http://laterrazaajijic.com/

One of the things we keep hearing from customers is how they love to have us do the dinner but miss having leftovers for a midnight snack or lunch the next day. On Canadian Thanksgiving we started a promotion called "A Sandwich to Go" in which for an extra $100 pesos we made you a Turkey sandwich with gravy, and dressing and cranberry sauce to go. Fantastic Response with about 3/4 of our dinners taking a sandwich box home. We will be doing the same promotion for US Thanksgiving on Nov 22nd

Bobby's Terrace facebook cover v3.jpg

I did that Sandwich to go promotion and the sandwich was big enough for two of us to share that night

Having just seen the Thanksgiving dinner ads in the recent Guad Reporter,  I'll offer one cautionary note:  I'd advise against going to the one at the Nueva Posada. The setting is lovely, but something unfortunate has happened to the kitchen and many people are reporting disappointing meals, including me.  I'd go elsewhere for the holiday.  There have been good recommendations so far in this thread.

27 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Ads for Thanksgiving meals in Nov. Ojo:

Pedro's Go 

Nueva Posada 

Manix

Armandos

Casa Linda

Panino

Good recommendations all. I would just like to suggest checking out the Guadalajara Reporter and their ads as well. Many restaurants do not advertise in the OJO

• 2 weeks later...

Many people recommend Manix . However I was there 2 years ago and promised myself never to go back for their Thanksgiving meal.  Our seating was for 2:00 , but they recommended that we be there by 1:30.  Was seated  up stairs . Unfortunately it was loud, because they had a guy on a guitar playing the whole time and people had to raise their voices to try to make conversation with others. The guy seated next to us , was pretty much shouting .   The food was pretty tasty though.  

Archived