Chapala.com Webboard

Cairns or Westies

HarryB

This is Chris, Harry's wife. I was a founding member of Lucky Dog . I worked there and the other shelter for 7 years. So I am certainly cognizant of the many dogs in all the local shelters. I adopted Maggie when I worked at Lucky Dog. She was a pet shop westie. She died 4 months ago. So sorry people I loved her so much I want another.  Everyone is entitled to their choice! 

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

This is Chris, Harry's wife. I was a founding member of Lucky Dog . I worked there and the other shelter for 7 years. So I am certainly cognizant of the many dogs in all the local shelters. I adopted Maggie when I worked at Lucky Dog. She was a pet shop westie. She died 4 months ago. So sorry people I loved her so much I want another.  Everyone is entitled to their choice! 

Chris-- Absolutely your choice!  I hope you find the dog you want.  Did you get the info I sent you on the Mexican Westie breeder?

Chris/Harry  If you haven't already done it check all the animal shelters Lakeside. You never know what you might find.

We were looking for a couple of mutts - MSDs and ended up unknowingly with what the Vet tells us are a purebred Beagle and an Australian Cattle Dog puppy. Anyone want an Australian Cattle Dog puppy....my ankles are raw and my shoulder hurts from throwing balls? LOL

SunFan

whoever contacted my condo association to advise them of our intentions of securing a puppy please pm me personally so that I may personally assure you of my intentions to abide by the condo bylaws.

46 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Wow, talk about people sticking their noses into other peoples' business. Who would do such a sorry thing?

Some people have way to much time on their hands. Pay attention to their actions it tells you everything you need to know about them. Imagine creating a problem that does not even exist.

Interesting story about Westies to share.  We had a Cairn some years ago and my neighbor was a Westie breeder.  He told me that the Westie was created in part from the Cairn terrier.  According to him, there was a member of the royal family in England who was an avid hunter and his favorite hunting companion was a Cairn terrier.  One day he shot his favorite Cairn terrier after he mistook the Cairn for a fox.  Heartbroken, he began the process to breed a white Cairn, known today as the Westie, so he would never make the same mistake again.  I don't know if this is a true story or not, but I found it to be an interesting story nonetheless.  

Until the 1920s they were bred together. They are such wonderful little dogs. We bred and showed Cairns for 30 years. Their personalities are amazing. I had a little girl I could have conversations with. When she was a pup in the kennel, another pup took a toy away from her. Years later, when that  other pup was a champion in one month, and went in to stud service, She refused to breed with him, remembering that toy. Another of our girls, our last cairn, was for a time our only dog. When we brought in our next standard poodle she shunned us until the day she died.

They are serious hunters  . Once our pact, which had decimated the groundhog pop surrounding our horse farm, saw a rat go into a firewood pile. They tore down that pile to find the rat and kept guard all around so he couldn't escape. Dispatching him took one second. Snap. 

Archived