Chapala.com Webboard

Getting over Dengue

My wife and I both are recovering from Dengue fever. We needed a blood test to know that we had it it. It seemed like a case of the flu but certainly different as time went on. It was the very worst we have felt with any illness.

After four weeks we are finally back to almost normal. We are told by more than one doctor that next time, if we are unlucky enough to get it again, will be much worse. There is no immunization to prevent it and no drug to stop it.

My reason for sharing is because not one of the doctors, and we went to four, ever suggested that we had it. One lectured me for annoying him with my complaints.  Our insurance agent wanted us to go to the hospital because of how badly we were suffering, but he had no idea what the hospital could do for us except give us fluids.....so, if you think you've been infected....get a blood test! It won't be cheap as they will be forced to test for everything that it might be.

Fred Habacht

There is a vaccine but it has not been established yet how effective it is. It supposedly works best on young people. I have had dengue and the vaccine but I am old.

Go see Esteban at Electroventa in Riberas across from Car City.  He will tell you about MMS and that it takes care of dengue and that the sooner you treat it the better, in order to prevent damage to various organs. It costs only 300 pesos and lasts a long long time.

It is a little scary that the doctors did not check for it right away. I was in San Cristobal de las Casas a couple of weeks ago awhen a friend got verysicj, could have been the flu and we do not have dengue in San Cristobal..IWe had gone to Tuxtla where every other person is sick with Zika Chinkungunia or dengue right now and the first thing the doctor asked him is,  hae you been to Tuxtla.. Rght away the doctor suspected dengue.. It was not  but that was his first question. Since we have dengue lakeside you would think that iit is one of the first thing the doctors here would suspect..

37 minutes ago, Earl said:

Go see Esteban at Electroventa in Riberas across from Car City.  He will tell you about MMS and that it takes care of dengue and that the sooner you treat it the better, in order to prevent damage to various organs. It costs only 300 pesos and lasts a long long time.

What is MMS. It sounds strange. 

I agree!!!! Quality care ignored us completely as did the overpriced med office in the same center...they charged 1800 pesos for a flu test and then said that we needed to go to the hospital and use him as our primary doctor .....good luck with that!

Only Dr JESSICA, suggested by several friends, gave us the time and suggested a test for nearly everything. She was also the only one who called us back. Then we went back to Quality care and met Dr Anna and she was just as caring as well as knowing what these fevers are. 

For the Dr.s that were sure it was epstein-barr.....it wasn't.

Fred Habacht

Thanks to all who have lived to tell the tale and posted here.  You've motivated me to do a bit of research and this 'Nature' site discusses the well known mosquito vector:  https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/dengue-transmission-22399758 

Another writer notes: 

"Aedes mosquitoes...prefer humans to any other species for their blood meal and will pursue people into their homes. They are sip feeders, which means they may bite you multiple times (producing multiple welts) before they are done.

These mosquitoes are also harder to control because their eggs can survive in as little as an eighth of an inch of water. That means they can find tiny pools to reproduce in overwatered lawns, or a discarded coffee cup lid."

That said, are certain neighborhoods Lakeside recognized as particularly active mosquito zones?  Thanks/Belated Happy Halloween

I have only ever seen one Aedes mosquito in Chapala Haciendas. They are small, do not fly too well (especially with fans), they are striped black and white like a Zebra I guess. They also like warmer temperatures. We still have plenty of the big, black mosquitoes, but as the nights get cooler, they are disappearing as well. Also remember that the virus is spread by the mosquito only after it has bitten someone else with Dengue. Quarantine is important

I wanted to mention two important things about Dengue. Firstly, a blood test is not only critical for diagnosis, but also to make sure you don't have internal bleeding. Secondly, colloidal silver can act as a cure and also preventative immunity. I will let you do your own research on that one. I have never had Dengue, but I occasionaly use silver colloidal nasal spray (with a bit of black salt) for chronic Sinusitis. It really works, usually in less than 24 hours. It is apparently one of the few treatments for Staphococcus Aurelia, penetrates the virus biofilm, and is thought to work down to the D.N.A. level.

8 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Secondly, colloidal silver can act as a cure and also preventative immunity. I will let you do your own research on that one.

I did and this is what Mayo Clinic says

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/cAolloidal-silver/faq-20058061 

And QuackWatch

14 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Straight Western medicine websites are not known for agreeing with natural or alternative cures and preventatives. But there are plenty of people who have managed to cure themselves of this or that with what western medicine is fond of debunking. If colloidal silver has no effect on bacteria and viruses, why is it the main ingredient in many water and veggie purifying solutions? 

On November 3, 2018 at 12:30 PM, CHILLIN said:

I have only ever seen one Aedes mosquito in Chapala Haciendas. They are small, do not fly too well (especially with fans), they are striped black and white like a Zebra I guess. They also like warmer temperatures. We still have plenty of the big, black mosquitoes, but as the nights get cooler, they are disappearing as well. Also remember that the virus is spread by the mosquito only after it has bitten someone else with Dengue. Quarantine is important

I wanted to mention two important things about Dengue. Firstly, a blood test is not only critical for diagnosis, but also to make sure you don't have internal bleeding. Secondly, colloidal silver can act as a cure and also preventative immunity. I will let you do your own research on that one. I have never had Dengue, but I occasionaly use silver colloidal nasal spray (with a bit of black salt) for chronic Sinusitis. It really works, usually in less than 24 hours. It is apparently one of the few treatments for Staphococcus Aurelia, penetrates the virus biofilm, and is thought to work down to the D.N.A. level.

I agree with CHILLIN about CS from personal experience regardless of orthodox medicine's claim of "lack of proof of effectiveness".  I developed a chronic case of ulcerative colitis about 18 years ago and was prescribed 400mg of Aminosalicylic Acid - 5-ASA 6 times per day by one of the leading gastrointerologist in the Seattle area.  At 5 dollars a pill, it was expensive for me.  I was on the treatment for about a year and at best, it reduced the severity of the symptoms but never eliminated them.  Those who are familiar with UC know that it is a terrible thing to deal with and you can't be more than 5 seconds away from a toilet.  The constant "accidents" are horrendous and got into the habit of just throwing my pants away instead of trying to clean the bloody messes.

A friend recommended CS and though skeptical, decided to give it a try since I had nothing to loose.  I started mega-dosing the substance, about 1/2 gallon per day of a solution made at a concentration of 10 parts per million.  After about 2 weeks the UC just disappeared.  I also tapered myself off of the 5-ASA during that time and was completely off of the meds by that time as well.  I've never again had a flareup or symptoms of any kind of.  I still do about a week of CS maintenance per year and have continued with my yearly colonoscopies and my Gastro continues to tell me that "it is not possible to cure UC" but after 15 symptom free years of "all clear" colonoscopies, he now doubts his original diagnosis.  Anecdotal coincidence? Placebo effect?  Who the f*%# cares!  It's gone and went away while taking CS.

I caught Dengue in Zihuatanejo many years ago.  Agreed, worst I've ever felt.  The first couple of days were unbearable.  Remember that my body weight pressing on the bed was painful and even the sheets lying on my skin hurt.  Remember wishing to be suspended in the air looking for some relief from the body pain.  Took me about 2 months to get back to normal and didn't have a way to mega dose the silver while in Mexico so don't know if it would have made a difference or not.  Dengue was confirmed by a visit to a SP hospital in Puerto Vallarta about a week into the symptoms when my body became covered with red spots/rash.

I know there will be folks who will disagree, but dengue is pretty unique in its symptoms- it doesn't feel like the flu or anything else I've ever experienced, so if you've ever had it, you'd know right away if you got it again, without the need for a blood test. Not everyone manifests the same symptoms, but the "all my bones are broken" feeling is unique, not at all like having a case of an achey flu. And it's not just the bones, it hurts to touch your skin. Also everyone I know who's had it gets this endless dull headache right behind the eyes. When I had it, I never did have a fever, nor a rash. I did have chills. Many report no appetite, but that wasn't the case with me. Some are sick for a long time, some not, I was laid up for a week and recovered quickly. Like most illnesses, a lot depends on how strong your immune system is and how healthy you are to start with.

One thing I hope everyone knows- you can take Tylenol (generic or not) for the pain, but do not take asprin or ibuprofin- those are both blood thinners and can turn any type of dengue into the hemorragic form.

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I know there will be folks who will disagree, but dengue is pretty unique in its symptoms- it doesn't feel like the flu or anything else I've ever experienced, so if you've ever had it, you'd know right away if you got it again, without the need for a blood test. Not everyone manifests the same symptoms, but the "all my bones are broken" feeling is unique, not at all like having a case of an achey flu. And it's not just the bones, it hurts to touch your skin. Also everyone I know who's had it gets this endless dull headache right behind the eyes. When I had it, I never did have a fever, nor a rash. I did have chills. Many report no appetite, but that wasn't the case with me. Some are sick for a long time, some not, I was laid up for a week and recovered quickly. Like most illnesses, a lot depends on how strong your immune system is and how healthy you are to start with.

One thing I hope everyone knows- you can take Tylenol (generic or not) for the pain, but do not take asprin or ibuprofin- those are both blood thinners and can turn any type of dengue into the hemorragic form.

Thanks for mentioning the blood thinners mudgirl, very important to keep in mind if you catch it.

You reminded me of the chills!  Was at the onset.  Went from feeling fine to sudden chills.  Crawled into bed with blankets on and could not get warm and just shivered uncontrollably for a couple hours.  It was 95 degrees with at least that in humidity in Zihau at the time and felt like I was freezing.  Don't remember about the loss of appetite but I did loose about 15 pounds in 2 weeks.

My wife has had both Dengue and Chinkungunia and says Dengue does not even come close to the pain of the later.  She still get relapsing symptoms  after 4 years and says Dengue is nothing in comparison.

Many years ago, travelling in Mexico, down in Oaxaca, my then boyfriend got suddenly and seriously ill. Neither of us had ever heard of Dengue. We were staying in a trailer park, we just had a little camper on the back of his Toyota pick-up and he was laid out on a blanket outside. His fever was high and he was pretty delirious, me and my daughters, who were 10 and 5 at the time, took shifts sponging him down and getting liquids into him. Every once in awhile, in his delirium, he'd hold his arm up and stare at it with a confused expression and say "but the bone's not sticking out". When he started to get better and was coherent, he said it really felt like his bones were poking out through the skin. He'd broken bones before, so knew just what that felt like.

Sure hope I never get Chinkungunia if dengue pales in comparison.

Archived