Chapala.com Webboard

Bad Experience in Mexico City (MUST READ)

redsfv89

I highly advise not staying at this hotel. We had checked in at October 27th, 2018, We had chosen Hotel Corinto because in the past we had stayed there, this hotel is ran down, but for the price at which the hotel advertises for any traveler on a budget the hotel is ok at this price, I had stayed here 9 months prior in the exact same room that I was booked in on October, 27, 2018, the price of the room at this time was 660 pesos, however we had gone to this hotel, on October 27th, 2018, and we were told by the staff the 660 peso room was unavailble and we were given a nationality based price discrimination of 900 pesos a night, the truth was it was the exact same room we had stayed in stayed in prior 9 months earlier and the television still was in disrepair, the wifi does not function and the floor is warped near the bathroom I assume because of flooding. This hotel is a dump, but it gets worse, Hotel Corinto doesn't seem to care about the customer to any degree. The hotel bed is absolutely horrible, and there are prostitutes frequenting hotel Corinto. Definately not somewhere you would want to bring a family with children because of this. I also could smell drugs being smoked from another room, the smell of burning chemicals, I assume crystal meth or Crack. I also could smell cigarette smoke in the hotel the entire time I was there. We had paid for the one night in which me and a friend of mine were staying, and we were ready sunday Morning to leave, keep in mind we had already paid for Saturday night and had no plans of staying in this Hotel Corinto any longer, we left a tip in each room we had stayed in for the maids because this is proper procedure in Mexico, upon leaving we had left our hotel keys at the front desk. We began walking out the door and had been on the street our ride was loading our suitcases into the car this was in the early hours of sunday morning, and a woman who works for the hotel came outside and began screaming at us telling us that we did not pay, I told her we came in Saturday and we paid with a card, she began telling the driver they could not leave because we did not pay, this was a total embarrasement because we had paid, she then asked us for the receipt if we paid, keep in mind she would have the receipt because we had paid with a card and the merchant always keeps a copy of the card, she showed a paper that said friday, yet we had not check in on a friday we check in on saturday and the date was written in spanish format, I assume she wrote the date on the paperwork after we filled it out, thus she wanted to scam us and make us pay another day, or perhaps this was a mistake on behalf of Hotel Corinto in Mexico City, either way we could not leave with the driver without paying, and the security was outside also, it was a total embarrasment, we were strong armed so I gave the woman pay for another night of the room, just so I could leave. I would not advise anyone stay at this hotel after this very bad experience. I had written the hotel today demanding that they reimburse the extra money they had stolen, from me on the street, I told them that they had til 2pm, to fix the situation, but since they have not responded, or even tried to fix the situation, I am now posting this review. Beware and do Not stay at Hotel Corinto unless you want to be robbed or scammed, Hotel Corinto is the worst hotel in Mexico City.

I need to also mention my friend left in the car, and he had his card on him, and I was there alone, but this was a very shitty situation.

Thank you for the heads up. 

I'm very picky about the hooker-infested, meth-reeking, floor-flooded, dump hotels that I frequent - short and long term. 

I'll certainly change my Trip Advisor rating of the Hotel Corinto based on your experience. 

Cheers! 

Archived