Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic recycling

HarryB

Say what you want, I know plenty who do not have a cell i Ajijic village and the gardeners on my street know nothing about the recycling program and they have cell ...We live in the same village Harry and you know very well where I live ..

I spoke with Juan about the possibility of some mexicans not knowing of the recycle program. he has already thought of this and has arranged for 25 students to go door to door to explain the program. He has asked for a flyer and there is no money for paper and printing.

he notes that there is another problem. The garbage contractor is reluctant to implement the program because he profits from the recyclables. Therefore, the regular trucks either took the recyclables or the special trucks didn't take them. Juan has reported this to moy and Moy has discussed the contractor's actions with him.Friday Moy will meet with the press to discuss the recycle program.  

BTW the red truck for the green trash is in the shop with no sign of recovering.

Then why not have people separate the trash as we did for a short while and then let the garbage contractor take it?  One less party to deal with that way.

There was a time several years ago when a lot of people were separating recyclables of metal, glass and corrugated and the regular trash guys were able to pick it up and keep it separate.  Why not go back to that practice?

Ours wasn't picked up yesterday either.  The trash woes march on, nearly 3 years and counting now.  The new folks were handed a gutted government and they are up to their necks in alligators at the moment.  We'll just have to see how long it takes for them to recover.  At least the people responsible for this got tossed out in the last election.  That's the good news.

6 minutes ago, bmh said:

With untimely pick-up the streets fill up with garbage. Garbage is left overnights and dogs have fun.. This village is a pig sty.

'fraid so.   Really shocking and sad to ride my moto to so many other places in Mexico and see decent maintenance and sanitation in towns that have a fraction of the resources here.  But resources are useless when you are plagued with one bad and corrupt local government after another.   We took ours  back in last night but most people don't and that gives the dogs and other street animals the green light to spread it everywhere.

Can't put my hands on the article, but read that the new administration is calling into question many aspects of the contract the previous administration entered into with the private trash company.  There were questions about truck ownership, payments, schedules, the treatment/hiring of former municipal trash workers.  The new administration wants to review the entire contract and possibly renegotiate or end it.  Given the history of the former administration, no doubt there was a lot of graft involved in this TWENTY FIVE YEAR contract.  

Things may get worse before they get better.  

This is google translation from here http://semanariolaguna.com/39300/

Manuel Jacobo (Chapala, Jal). - The municipal president, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, will review the contract with the company Grupo Integral de Recolección y Reciclados de Occidente SA de CV (GIRRSA) to be sure that what the company charges him is really what is owed.

"Today [October 8] I had an approach with the company. I told them exactly that I am going to review the contract from head to toe. If I see any inconsistency, I will manifest them, "said President Moisés Anaya.

The objective, according to the president, is to improve the conditions of the contract concluded between the company GIRRSA and the City Council during the last administration, but, above all, it is to guarantee the service to the citizens.

In addition, he asked the company to certify with documents the debt he has with the City Council, because according to the company, he owes 5 million pesos, plus five commission and whatever is derived from interest.

To explain part of the debt, Anaya said that the collection company charges the City Council one million 430 thousand pesos a month, but now it would be impossible to pay the debt.

To prove this debt, Anaya Aguilar will make an agreement with the company to be able to make the pending payments in a way that no part is affected.

In spite of the existing problems, Moisés asked the general director Juan Castro Almaguer to continue with the garbage collection of the municipality, that in spite of the fact that he withdrew a vehicle that was property of the City council of Chapala and that the company had in use.

Moisés pointed out that at this time the company is necessary because of the condition in which the municipality is located, as there are no vehicles or resources.

"If the company decided to leave or if we decided to terminate the contract, the municipality would not have the capacity to provide the service. There is no truck except for the one that he brought and that works. All the trucks are practically dismantled "(sic), assured the president.

To conclude, Moisés lamented that the outgoing administration would have sold the trucks as scrap, but managed to stop his transfer. "We managed to avoid taking the entire lot of vehicles because they were already practically sold and we managed to stop, recover," he said.

But the consequence is yet to come, and now they await the legal response of those who bought the vehicles as scrap metal. "Obviously they are not going to stay with their hands crossed ... Then we are waiting for what follows," he said.

They came around unexpectedly very early this morning.  Since in the past missed pickups were not later covered we did not put the trash back out.  Now the question is, will they come tomorrow, Friday or whatever?

Moises has a helluva corrupt mess to clean up after.  He deserves our support and understanding until and unless he proves otherwise.  I hope he will ask the Alfaro government to do a forensic audit of the Degollado government.  I suspect the results would be quite interesting if not unexpected.

Juan Ramon had a list of people who were not pickedup on sat and he sent a truck around to make up. The contractor is being obstreperous.If your trash isn't pickedup call the delegation to report 7661760. Juan speaks english, if you show a little patience.

Our garbage gets picked up Tuesday and Fridays although we are off Ocampo and it should be picked up everyday or we should be able to take it tp Ocampo to be picked up like we did before.. This said. our garbage was not picked up Tuesday or wednesday.. we ae no Thursday and the garbage is in the street. I took it n at night but that is not an acceptable way to run a business. We are paying for this service for 5 days a week and now they cannot even pick up twice a week??  

There is money in recycling so let the garbage company make it if they pick up like they should.. A 25 year contract is insane...

See the thread just started by Taaffe.  The trash handling was as corrupt as everything else with the Degollado administration.  I strongly support full and exhaustive investigation followed by legal action to recover our stolen tax money and send the perps to a much deserved stay in the slammer.  

Archived