Chapala.com Webboard

Sand filtration systems for dirty water?

southland

Despite having a main street 12 inch round pleated filter, the dirty water in the aljibe is overwhelming my blue canister filtration

system. Am interested in any "water filtration system" comments from those who live near pozos that go dirty from time to time.

I'm thinking an add-on sand filter at the street perhaps, leading to the aljibe, and another filter on the other side of the aljibe before water

enters the blue canisters. Any recommended sand filter sources, installers? Thank you. (My search on this subject did not return a thread.)

H2Ole installed a zeolite filter for us some years ago.  It has been great.  Before we could replace those expensive carbon filters almost every week.  The water goes from the aljibe through the zeolite filter and then on to the usual filters.  It now takes a very long time before we need to replace the carbon filter.

You will find H2Ole in the Plaza Bugambilias complex, in the parking area downstairs.

I have seen an ingenious method: Install a large plastic pipe, perhaps 10 or 12", vertically in a corner of a patio. Incoming street water supply enters that pipe at its mid-point. Outgoing water to the house exits from the top. At the bottome, is a faucet for draining.

This allows incoming sand to settle to the bottom end of the large pipe, while cleaner water feeds the house through normal filtration/treatment, which should last much longer.  Sandy water can be drained off periodically from the bottom valve, perhaps used for watering plants, etc.  Simple!

Archived