Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find out if buidling permit has been requested?

ibarra

A large portion of the mountain across the arroyo from Brisas de Chapala has been cleared of trees etc..  We would like to find out if a permit has been given for this project.  Where do we go for this information?    Assume it would be with the Municipality of Chapala, but where?

If anyone is interested in the actual location, they are entering through the gate just before GAMMA Hotel, sign says Rancho los Tigres.  Construction is happening on the right, up the mountain at an angle past where the squatters are in the small trailer.  For residents of Brisas de Chapala, this is on the mountain opposite Brisas Norte, the Club House and the golf course.

Years ago I went to the brick municipal building in Chapala across from the San Francisco church; second floor west side office, to do the same. I filled out out a form with the property address (in this case, an individual residence) and my contact information, and it got transmitted to the correct office, who then made contact about whether or not permits were filed. It may be the same. I think it took about a week or so for the info.

Archived