Chapala.com Webboard

Nexium, Prilosec

ComputerGuy

CG, while you asked the original question, it is a topic many other people are interested in. So sit back, and stop reading the thread. You got your answer.

Barcelonaman had an excellent point for those of us on long term Prilosec or similar products. I use a low daily dose for hiatal hernia. It works and nothing else I have tried does. It also often causes kidney damage so I take magnesium and calcium and drink lots of water and hope.

I only suggested it as i know have stage 4 cancer .wether it was constant use of ppi i dont know  for certain,but anyone with persistent gerd or even acid should seek medical advice as to wether an endoscopy is recommended.

If my advice can prevent other people going through what i have this year i will be happy. 

If the op got his original facts correct and is prepared to listen he might learn a thing or two.seems he is rude in most threads. I wont be bothering in the future and i know others have commented the same.

18 hours ago, MtnMama said:

CG, while you asked the original question, it is a topic many other people are interested in. So sit back, and stop reading the thread. You got your answer.

Barcelonaman had an excellent point for those of us on long term Prilosec or similar products. I use a low daily dose for hiatal hernia. It works and nothing else I have tried does. It also often causes kidney damage so I take magnesium and calcium and drink lots of water and hope.

Okay, so I'm not allowed to comment on my own thread, but you are? Why, it's a brave new world out there.

11 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

I only suggested it as i know have stage 4 cancer .wether it was constant use of ppi i dont know  for certain,but anyone with persistent gerd or even acid should seek medical advice as to wether an endoscopy is recommended.

If my advice can prevent other people going through what i have this year i will be happy. 

If the op got his original facts correct and is prepared to listen he might learn a thing or two.seems he is rude in most threads. I wont be bothering in the future and i know others have commented the same.

Exactly why should I be "prepared to listen" to a string of comments that have nothing to do with the topic? You just assumed I didn't know what I was talking about and that I got my research all wrong. Now, that is what I call rude.

Archived