Chapala.com Webboard

ALI EXPRESS.COM

lakeside7

I've used AliExpress several times for deliveries to California, with good results.  The first time was maybe seven years ago when my Mexican silver money clip broke in half, and I ordered a more 'sophisticated' stainless steel model from Shenzhen for US$3.50 delivered.  Took a few weeks to arrive.  I have also ordered larger items, such as curtains that have come in multiple boxes.  AE facilitates and supervises the transactions, like EBay, and I have never had a problem, except for the well known fact that Asian clothing sizes are tiny for gringos, so go XXXLarge, depending.  Many items probably violate IP laws - I doubt that the Trout Mask Replica, Butthole Surfers or Schoenberg Tshirts I ordered were properly licenced.

Of course, delivery to Mexico is an entirely separate issue about which I am interested to learn.  And just two days ago, the US 'government' started to withdraw from the international mail regime which subsidized such AE deliveries from China, and this could have a major impact on shipping costs to the States, which have been ridiculously low.  (I once ordered a specialty data cable for US$ 1.70, delivered.)

23 hours ago, utilitus said:

add2,

My understanding is that nobody relies on the Mexican mail delivery to the home for anything important.  Were your AE deliveries to your door, without pickup notices directing you to a Post Office, or through a delivery agents' address?  Thanks.

Delivered by the regular post office guy, to my door.

• 7 months later...