Chapala.com Webboard

Beg Barter and Buy Page

You have to join facebook to even see the listings. I did and applied for "application" to be able to see the listings. Unfortunately, nobody responds and I never was able to see the listings of stuff available. I gave up. NOT very customer friendly.

I gave up on this page anyway. Several reasons, but one main one was the constant barrage of notifications on my own page every day. I turned that off and discovered I never missed it. There are SO many gringo groups for lakeside now, on FaceBook. Far too many.

5 hours ago, Al Berca said:

With almost 7,000 members the site has become large and unwieldy. They may have stopped admitting new members.

Really Al? It's a VERY popular page...not large and unwieldly at all...and they are definitely still accepting new members...it's a GREAT resource for buying and selling Lakeside. :)

Well I guess they have enough potential purchasers to not allow others to join. Maybe when people start not selling their items they will open up. I assume sellers are listing elsewhere also.

Maybe if they had an application process instead of just a click request. Send a questionnaire with requests.

Anybody know of other sites?

I dont think they delete the request because I cannot request again so i assume it's still active.

they do weed out "fake accounts" so if you haven't used your facebook page much, have no friends, etc.  or don't seem to have any relationship to the Lakeside area they may not accept you. I recommend that you post a couple of photos of Lakeside only to your friends (even if you only have a couple). 

1 minute ago, sem123 said:

they do weed out "fake accounts" so if you haven't used your facebook page much, have no friends, etc.  or don't seem to have any relationship to the Lakeside area they may not accept you. I recommend that you post a couple of photos of Lakeside only to your friends (even if you only have a couple). 

I did not have a facebook account nor did I want one. Now, to join this group, I have one. Nothing on it because I'm not interested. If this is their method of "selling" then I'm not interested in the group. Which is fine because I never heard back from them... not even a courteous "no thank you because you don't have a loaded facebook page". It's ignorant and rude. Plus, there are more than enough bazaars and house sales to have furnished my house. Didn't miss a thing.

2 hours ago, sem123 said:

I do not use Facebook. The only reason I did create one was to see beg and barter but thanks for the advice.

Someone forwarded me the latest offerings and I guess notices??? its not what I am looking for.

I am looking for household items, furniture, a Car and Scooter.

"Things" come and go very quickly.  During our remodel I sold several large heavy items using that site.  The last one sold within 15 minutes of listing and two BIG guys and a truck came and picked it up the next day.  Can't beat that!  

Archived