Chapala.com Webboard
heidinrick

60's in Paradise burger

Heidi and I taught Alejandro and his chef at Casa Linda how to make the same burger we served at 60's and The Early Bird Cafe. Today we tasted the product...just like old times! A fat (7oz/200gr), juicy, tasty burger on a toasted bun. What more can you ask for! He says that until he sees how it goes, there will probably be a limited supply.

• Like 2

Sorry Lexy...I don't visit this site frequently. The price is $90 pesos including fries. Well worth the price. Tripps charges $85  pesos for a tasteless burger half the size of this! This is the real deal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bad, Rick, since I think yours was $75 at your last place, and that was a few years back. And kudos for telling us the price, considering it isn't your restaurant.

• Like 1

I screwed up..it's $95 pesos. Sorry 'bout that. Yeah Mike, we charged $75 for our basic burger ove 5 years ago. The fries were not included so, this is a great deal and a great burger!

I went to Casa Linda today, and asked about that.  The server knew nothing about it, and it wasn't on the menu.  The only beef burger they have is the sirloin burger for 124 pesos.  I was disappointed, because I wanted to try the 60's in Paradise-style burger!

• Thanks 1

I can not remember where Casa Linda is. Could someone please tell me?  Thanks in advance for any directions given.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, johanson said:

I can not remember where Casa Linda is. Could someone please tell me?  Thanks in advance for any directions given.

It used to be La Mision.  The turnoff is the one you'd use to go to Yves'.  Can't think of the name. Go directly south toward the lake about a block or so.  It's on the right.

Thanks as always. It is really great having a site to go to, where one can get all of the answers. Again thanks :) 

Michael Ritchie used to respond on this board, but he's out of the picture now as far as the restaurant goes.

• Like 1

Buenos Dias: After reading the comments this morning I went over to the restaurant and have spoken with Alejandro. They have  not yet completed all the prep necessary to offer Rick's Burgers. Rick will be returning Monday to work with them on his Burger. They will start offering the burger Thursday Oct. 25th.  and everyday thereafter from 12:00 noon to 4:00 PM. daily as a lunch Special at  the Special Price of $95 pesos. They want it to be just like you remember Rick's fantastic burger and the price is a bargain.

Enjoy and looking forward to great memories!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, shortstop said:

Will they also have something similar to Rick's condiment bar..I loved being able to choose how much "stuff" to put on.  Thanks.

That's actually a biggie for some of us!

Went yesterday!

80% sirloin with 20% white fat

maybe not as great as rick's and jimmy's

but still excellent

quantity of fries a bit skimpy

and no condiment bar

but will return

More taste trials please. Friends of mine went a little while ago after I told them what I'd read here, and were hugely disappointed to be served a very generic burger. Now I'm waiting to hear from people who've actually tried this new incarnation.

1 hour ago, kgreenbury said:

More taste trials please. Friends of mine went a little while ago after I told them what I'd read here, and were hugely disappointed to be served a very generic burger. Now I'm waiting to hear from people who've actually tried this new incarnation.

When did your friends go? Just wondering because it says in a comment above, “They will start offering the burger Thursday Oct. 25th and everyday thereafter from 12:00 noon to 4:00 PM. daily as a lunch Special .”

Checked with Alejandro re condiment bar, Rick informed Alejandro that he cancelled his condiment bar because patrons were using it as a salad bar by taking sufficient amounts of lettuce, tomato etc. to make a side salad.  

• Haha 1

You can choose your choice of "condiments" by simply telling your waiter what you want. Rick told me personally that one of his secrets for his burger is how the meat is prepared by the butcher and this is exactly how the meat for this burger is prepared.