Chapala.com Webboard

Pancho's Grand soft Opening

johanson

I just went to Pancho's new and much larger Deli Market. It was fantastic. It is so much better than anything else lakeside. He did say it was a SOFT opening and that means that not all of the shelves are totally stocked. But things are getting closer to totally filled. There were many many clients and the lines were long. But the staff worked as fast as they could.

Again, it is so much better than Superlake. You have got to take a look. It is just east and same side of the street as Clinica Maskaras. He is going to do very very well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of parking, in front, side street, back street. Very impressive store. I noticed he has bulk pancetta, something I have looked for around here or Guadalajara for years without success. Nice bakery too. 

Went to Pancho's today.  Looked for the items I get at Superlake and they didn't have any of them. Talked to a nice young lady and she put the names of the items I want on her notepad.  Hopefully, they will eventually have them.  Checked out the cold cases and looked for Presidente butter.  They only have the unsalted variety.

The parking situation seems iffy. There was no current parking around the corner, but there is some across the street to the East.

It's a very nice store which we will patronize when their shelves are fully stocked.

They had the salted butter yesterday but apparantly sold out. I really admired their foresight in setting up additional checkout tables to handle the large crowd. Bread section is particular attractive. I’m sure he’ll do well and it will push everyone else to sharpen up thei act. Great for all of us who live on the east side

It's a great store with lots of growth options, looks like. Very modern. Excellent bakery area, and the produce was super-fresh. I kinda dug the bar attached to the outside in the courtyard, with imported beer and taps. Lots of tables. with luck, price stickers on the shelves soon. Cheese wheels were gigantic.

Spoke with Pancho on Friday. Lots of new items coming in the next couple weeks, including Pillsbury refrig biscuits and Tillamook cheese. There is Fortuna beer on tap and a nice patio. He said he went to a big food show in Mexico City and hooked up with a number of new distributers.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

The store is not yet fully stocked. Besides, why should it have the same items as Superlake? 

Because I need some of them.

He's doing an amazing job. Salted butter was there Saturday morning. Most of the prices stickers were up. Lots of parking around back. Looking forward to watching it grow. Don't forget, he opened this place as soon as he could to meet constant demand. And don't forget, the other half of the building on the ground floor is going to be finished to add a whole lot more grocery store products... but it takes time.

Archived