Chapala.com Webboard

ELECTRIC BILLING AND PAYMENT(CFE)

My CFE bill has always been sent to the address receiving the electricity which is my home. I do not know if you could have it sent to a different address. You can also go on line and check latest account billing and usage. The online billing information is usually available a day or two before I receive my bill at my door via mail.

My property manager always pays my bill so I will let someone else recommend whether it is better to pay in person or online

• Like 1

It depends where you live. Where I live (San Juan Cosala) the bills are never delivered to homes. You have to go to a certain pharmacy in SJC after the announcement is made in church that the bills are available. You then usually pay at the Pharmacy or you can go the CFE office in Chapala or Jocotepec and pay. I always check my bills online but never pay there. CFE can't be trusted-I've heard too many horror stories. CFE says payment not received and cuts the power off etc. I like to have a CFE bill stamped paid on hand in case CFE ever shows up to cut the power off. I always check my bill with my daily meter readings.

Ask your question for the specific area where you live.

• Sad 1

I have 4 different CFE accounts and have been paying them all online for years with a Mexican credit card. Recently CFE offered an autopay option which has been working out quite well for at least 6 months.

The only online problem I had was a couple of years ago when my credit card was charged when making an online payment but CFE never received it. Unfortunately I didn't save a comprobante but after a little persistence, I got the matter resolved. With autopay that can't happen.

• Haha 2

CFE is conveniently located and has self-pay machines, as well as a cashier.  We always paid that way when out on other errands.  If going on a trip, we simply paid ahead. Never a problem in 13 years.

• Like 1

I pay my CFE bill using my Bancomer account and do it via my cell phone.  They have an app which makes online banking much easier.  Do the same with Telmex.  No problems yet and have been doing for several months now.  Before I used my Bancomer account via my laptop.

1 hour ago, Arroyos said:

I pay my CFE bill using my Bancomer account and do it via my cell phone.  They have an app which makes online banking much easier.  Do the same with Telmex.  No problems yet and have been doing for several months now.  Before I used my Bancomer account via my laptop.

Same here with CFE, Telmex, Telcel for 3+ years now and no problems.

5 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

CFE is conveniently located and has self-pay machines, as well as a cashier.  We always paid that way when out on other errands.  If going on a trip, we simply paid ahead. Never a problem in 13 years.

Hard to find them in Ajijic.

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

They are in Chapala, of which Ajijic is a part; a small part. Or, you could visit CFE in Jocotopec, another more significant population center.   :P

Yes both CFE offices are quite far from Ajijic.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, Apachewoman said:

The best method please.  Pay in person or online?

We live in San Antonio and even though the bills are delivered to our address they are always late.

I print a copy of the bill and pay it at Walmart. You can also pay at OXXO.

• 10 months later...
On 10/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, RVGRINGO said:

Thought everyone might get a chuckle out of this one, from the storm driven outages in Guad recently:

image.thumb.png.826cb2cf6d53899173a8069dc7783fd5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I use my Bancomer app to pay most of my bills. For example CFE I use my Iphone to scan the bar code on the bill all digits appear on the app I double check touch comfirm and whala paid. I use my credit for the points. I also pay Sky, Telmex (when I used them) Telcel, transfer money to HSBC for rent and others. Bancomer has a great app it is in Spanish so you need basic skills.   

I remember the old days running all over to pay bills, today 15 minutes at my desk all done. So less trips to gringolandia.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:55 PM, Apachewoman said:

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences regards paying electric bills.

VERY helpful

😊

I have paid online for a couple of years for CFE and Telmex as well with a credit card and no problems. Most/all convenience stores and pharmacies charge some small commission for accepting and processing your payment. Walmart does not charge a commission. I get cash back on credit cards so I use them.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:46 AM, RVGRINGO said:

I only know about the CFE self pay machines at the CFE office itself in Chapala, where are the other ones?

I just pay at OXXO, much easier and faster than driving to Chapala most of the time

Years ago we had to take our hand delivered bills to the Prisa store in Ajijic to make payment. The girl that walked the bills to each home was sitting in an open window on the street with a cash register stuffed with pesos right next to her. As one would expect, that didn't turn out too well. Now with the phone app or online access it's very easy to make a payment no matter where you are. Autopay by credit card is even easier. It can be turned on using the online portal.

3 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

Years ago we had to take our hand delivered bills to the Prisa store in Ajijic to make payment. The girl that walked the bills to each home was sitting in an open window on the street with a cash register stuffed with pesos right next to her. As one would expect, that didn't turn out too well. Now with the phone app or online access it's very easy to make a payment no matter where you are. Autopay by credit card is even easier. It can be turned on using the online portal.

Haha, yeah thanks for that memory. I was surprised it took that long for the bad guys to realize what an easy score was waiting for them.