Chapala.com Webboard

In home care - changing dressing, help getting to/from bathroom

feewee

Does any one have experience and/or recommendations on in-home care services in Ajijic - preferably someone with formal nursing or elder care training.  Things like changing a dressing, helping getting to/from bathroom, light meal preparation.  Looking for post-hip surgery assistance in home for 3-6 weeks.  The care giver does not need to live in but that would be an option as there is a casita.

Thank you!

I had round the clock in home care after bypass surgery and was very happy with the help I received. Contact Lidia Zamudio Cerda, cell phone 333 156 9080 or email lidiazamudio@yahoo.com.mx - much better to call. Lidia speaks great English and can arrange whatever you need including rental of medical equipment. She arranged and managed a group of very helpful women who rotated on 24 hour shifts.

• Like 2

I highly recomend Ricardo Galindo 331-746-2959 who is very experienced in the caregiving you are looking for.  He has been with us now for 7 months and works 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours later in the afternoon

We hired him when my husband came home from the nursing home in April after getting a bacterial infection from a cruise we were on in January.

He is now using a walker after being in a wheelchair for 8 months!  Ricardo now works with him in the gym and swimming pool.  He is also a great cook!!

Mary Ann Waite

Dr. Roberto Martinez used to run the Blue House, a care home for elders post-op, varying degrees of  incapacity, and  dementias.  His wife Rosario (nurse) was there full time, and is now available for in-home care.  She is very well trained, efficient, compassionate, and at ease with the type of care you require.  Call 766-3558   His English is fine.  Hers is limited BUT she fully understands it and has no problem communicating with English-only speakers.

Thank you everyone for your recommendations  -  I will research them all and share what I learn. 

Feewee

PS: Mary Ann -  I am really sorry to hear of your husband's ordeal.  My husband is a serial cruiser and I had never considered the risks of cruise boat infections - this one sounds really serious!